Part 1 | The Reunion

"Evening, Squirrel."

Before I even realized what was going on, my body acted out of instinct and swung at the man in front of me, my blade grazing his coat.

"Goddamnit, Dean!" he cursed, running his hands along the tear. "Really? My favorite coat!"

"Cr- " my voice scratchy, I cleared my throat and tried again. "Uh- Crowley?"

He grimaced, which I assumed was his way of trying to look annoyed, but his eyes gave it away. They kept darting to the closed door behind him, which led me to believe he wasn't supposed to be here.

I looked down at my body and noticed my clothes were stained with blood. Ah, yes- Metatron.

My eyes automatically latched onto the blade in my hand, which triggered a wave of pleasure throughout my body, giving me shivers.

"Well, we'd best be moving on," he said brightly, snapping me out of my daze. "C'Mon lad, I'm sure Moose is waiting."

The bed creaked as I pushed myself off of it. "But..."

He gave me a look, indicating that I should stop talking, and left the room with a gesture indicating I should follow.

"So how am I even here right now?" I asked quietly, our footsteps echoing in the empty hallway.

"Well about that..."

My grip on the blade tightened. "Crowley!"

He froze, turning to look at me. Or, more specifically, that blade. "Maybe I should hold onto that for you?"

I lunged at him, his back slamming into the wall. "Hell no," I snarled, tracing the blade against his neck. I could see the beads of sweat glistening on forehead, hear the heavy beating of his heart against his chest, and for some reason I found the situation funny.

"I could kill you right now, you know," I teased.

He gulped. "You don't think I noticed?"

I chuckled, leaning in to his ear, my lips just grazing it. "I've waited so long to- "

"Dean?"

I turned at the sound of the voice, mad that I had been interrupted at the most... inconvenient time.

I squinted my eyes at the rather large figure down the hall, not only mad at him but mad at my brain for being so foggy. I knew that voice, goddamnit! Why couldn't I remember who it belonged to?

"No need to be shy," I said gruffly, backing away from Crowley but keeping my arm raised in case I had to fight.

The rather large man stepped out of the shadows, his eyes wide with disbelief. "Wha- Crowley? What did you do?" he asked hysterically. "Oh my God... This can't be real..."

"It's not what I did, it's what the mark did, Sam."

Sam. A million memories flashed through my mind; us on hunts, sleeping in sketchy motels, fighting evil.

How didn't I recognize my own brother?

I broke out into a grin. "Sorry Sammy, didn't realize it was you. I'm still a bit confused, like I'm having trouble remembering things, you know? I'm sure it's just a side effect of dying," I chuckled.

I didn't fail to notice the tears sliding down Sam's cheek.

"Happy to see me, huh?" I asked, my voice a lot quieter now.

He looked away, biting at his lip as if he was trying not to break down.

"Moo- uh, Sam. I think we ought to have a chat, yeah?" Crowley asked somberly, which was weird coming from him.

"What's going on, guys?" I laughed warily, not knowing what else to do. "I mean, hello, I'm back! Let's celebrate!"

"I don't think that's a good idea, Dean," Sam said quietly, his voice cracking. "I- I think I should call Cas-"

My anger flared at the mention of his name. "Oh, yeah, go run to Cas, like you always do! Can't do anything without an angel's help, huh?"

His brow furrowed. "I- "

"Shut it!" I snapped back, causing him to flinch. "It's true, though. Ever since this damn apocalypse... it used to be just you and me, damnit!" I yelled, jabbing a finger into my chest. "Us against the world, remember? But noooo, it's not like that anymore, is it? IS IT SAM?"

"Give me that damn blade, boy," I heard from behind me, and just like that it was gone from my grasp.

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and counting to ten. Calm down, Dean. He's just trying to help.

"Look, I- I'm sorry, Sam, really," I apologized, holding my hands up as if admitting defeat. "I was being harsh. I guess I'm just... on edge, y'know? I mean, I don't even know why, but..."

Sam ignored me completely, instead turning to Crowley. "Okay, you wanted a chat? Let's chat. How the hell did this happen and how do I fix it?"

"Like I said, it's all because of the mark."

"Obviously."

"Don't be a sassy moose with me, you- "

I tuned them out, not caring about their petty conversation, and pushed my way past Sam, accidentally throwing him against the wall.

I paused to look down at him. Snot running down his face, tear streaked cheeks, red eyes- he was a mess. A filthy mess.

I crinkled my nose. "You're disgusting."

"This isn't you talking- I know that, but..." Sam looked to the ground, trying to find the right words.

"But what? But what?" I pressed, rolling my eyes at his delicacy. "I don't have all day, Princess."

"You're- you're a- " he sniffled, rubbing at the fresh tears that were coming down.

I know I should've felt sorry for him, pitied him, hell, I should've felt something, but I didn't. I didn't feel a thing towards him. Deep down, I knew it was wrong, but I just didn't care.

"You're a demon, Dean."

That was all he could get out before he slumped against the wall and broke down crying.

_____

(A.N.) Kind of short, oops. I just wanted to get this part out of the way honestly.

At the most, there'll be 10 parts to this story, so don't expect a novel.

Toodaloo :)