getting to know the brothers

I walked over and sat down next to Dean as he took a bite of his pie.

"So Riley, how long have you been doing this?" Sam asks. he was really sweet, his boyish face framed by his growing brown hair. He was so tall as well once I caught him standing to move over to my side. Dean's eyes went half massed as he looked at his brother curiously, yet lost in his pie that he savored every bite.

"It's been a little over a year now. Typical sob story of losing my parents to fucking vampires. I had help starting out with Gordan, but I ditch his dumb ass as I couldn't take the way he controlled me. I've almost gotten better than him." I smirk, proud of myself.

"I see, yeah, we haven't worked with him much ourselves, but our dad has." he explains. Dean looks at Sam with a warning manner, shutting up Sam.

"So, how do you know this guy?" Dean nods his head at me with pie still stuffed in his face.

"I actually worked with the man, once upon a time." I tell them. "Obviously he was human at the time. I think." I shook my head not recalling exactly how it was.

"Damn, where did you work?" Dean asks as he finishes the pie and is scraping his plate. Ellen comes up and takes his plate, glaring at him.

"You're scratching my plate." she says as Dean pouts at her.

"I worked in the casino. it was a very short time." I explain. It was for a case for a ghost. It was in one of the many casinos that Victor owned. I worked as a show girl under cover but I'll never tell them that.

"Oh, I see." Dean says. "Mmm, that's some damn good pie!" he licks his fingers and Sam rolls his eyes.

"Well, thanks for the information darling, but we gotta get a move on if we're gonna catch this son of bitch." Dean adds in. He gets up and throws some money down on the counter.

"W-wait! let me go with you. I can help. I still have access to the casinos. I'm well known there and I can make this easy for you, so you don't have to bust down doors." I say as I shoot up, holding in a scream as my body screams at me in pain.

"Baby, that's not a good idea." Ash is there now, next to me, holding my waist.

"Ash, I'm fine. please, don't hold me back, you know what happened last time." I warn him as I see him flinch in response.....

"I found him!" I yelled as I stormed into Ash's room. He was sitting in bed as he looked up from his computer.

"Seriously?" he asks, as he watches me crawl on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah, I'm leaving tomorrow morning to catch this fucker." I tell him a little excited. this was my first hunt I've had since my family's killing.

"Riley, it's too dangerous. I don't want you going." Ash argues with me.

"Ash, you don't understand, I need to do this! I'm skilled, I can do this." I tell him as I got off the bed. he set his laptop aside he crawled to the end of the bed grabbing my wrist. when I looked in his eyes they were so sad and I could tell I hurt him.

"Baby, I can't deal with it, if something happened to you. if I lost you." he said, his voice cracking at the thought.

"Ash, I'm going, you can't stop me and that's it. We're done discussing this." I say firm, even though I wanted to cry. I knew I hurt him but I knew I had my enemy in the palm in my hand and I wasn't going to let him slip. I knew I got this. I was confidant.

the next day I got up and left him, without saying goodbye, and for half a year we hadn't talked. more like I wasn't brave enough to talk to him after what I had done to him.