Prologue: Children of the Throne

Note: I wrote this before I saw Thanos and Avengers Infinity War.

-------

EXCELSITUS

16 years ago.

KABOOM the skyscraper started to fall, it smashed against another skyscraper. The Xeno, Arch Novas flew by dropping more bombs, thus creating more explosions. 

People ran, people screamed, terror

People ran, people screamed, terror. Excelsitus loved terrorizing people. The Xeno, Apex ship floating above the city, landed, doing so it smashed several smaller buildings, extending its ramp, Excelsitus stepped off, he was followed by two Rancorous Eupnoi, humans still in the middle of the street ran for their lives.

 The Xeno, Apex ship floating above the city, landed, doing so it smashed several smaller buildings, extending its ramp, Excelsitus stepped off, he was followed by two Rancorous Eupnoi, humans still in the middle of the street ran for their lives

Eupnoi's are four-legged killing machines. Standing eight feet tall they would seem to appear slow having to move such an unusual body shape. But in reality, they were fast and could catch most land vehicles. 

Some of the human cars burned, creating smoke. He didn't mind, then he could see her, as these so-called Children of the Throne faction humans ran for their lives, a lone girl maybe 5 years old stood in the middle of the street, crying. "Bring her to me," he ordered. Both Eupnoi's red eyes flashed brightly for a second, acknowledging his command.

The Eupnoi moved forward, using their front legs they pushed the cars out of the way, clearing a path. The girl was still crying when they got to her, one stood on her right the other on her left. Excelsitus walked up to her. "Why do you cry, child?"

The girl had black hair in a bun, a light brown skin tone. She looked up at him through her tears. "My parents... they're-"

"Dead," he finished her sentence for her. 

She questioned him, "Why?"

"They were specks in a tiny universe, same as this city, a speck on  Acheron, it might be grand in your people's eyes. But it is a pointless thing, a city cannot stand without a military to keep it and its occupants safe from destruction. But a military cannot survive alone they need a city, It was only a certain amount of time before this city fell, I've just done what will eventually happen."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing lasts forever. For example, old age will probably catch up with me, time is never an ally, time is an enemy that must not be underestimated. Let me show you what I mean." He held out his hand to the girl, and the girl grasped it. They both started to make their way back to the Apex. The Eupnoi followed.

Arch Novas made more bombing runs. Hitting more of the buildings. Now inside the Apex, the command bridge Excelsitus asked the girl a question. "What is your name?"

"Beatrix," she replied.

"Beatrix, this is what time would've done to your city. Charge the canon." He ordered, a Xeno creature nodded, it started to press fancy red-black buttons. A humming sound could be heard. The Apex reduced the city to nothing.

The girl still holding his hand looked up at him questioningly

The girl still holding his hand looked up at him questioningly. "Am I a speck?"

He didn't answer her question, "Don't worry you will be returned to your people that have survived. I heard you Children of the Throne are going to move to Arctis? You will not be bothered for now by us Xeno."

BEATRIX THE XII

He dodged her question and she hadn't forgotten it. "I said am I a speck?" 

He looked down at her his eyes seeming to tear into her soul. "No, you are a crack in space and time. You will make a difference in this universe."