Dèpr駧!øñ

May be a bit dark.

You don't have depression? What are you doing here? Don't taint your soul by reading this. 🖤

Definition--- A persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest.

Common causes of this symptom---

Depression can be normal, and is only an indicator of underlying disease when feelings become excessive, all-consuming, and interfere with daily living.

Still here? Oh well that means you do have depression...or maybe you don't have it ,so you are curious about what it's like? Want to know what's it like and how it affects someone who's suffering from it?

Let me tell you. 🖤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Too young.

They said I'm too young to have depression.

“What do you even know about depression?”

Well... I think you are too damn neive to think that depression gives a fuck about someone's age.

Let me just laugh at you if that's what you think.

So... depression... what does it feel like?

Most people would describe it as drowning.

We all know that.

But do you know what causes one to drown?

Emotions and feelings.

Who's emotions and feelings?

I bet that's what you are thinking.

It's your own emotions and feelings.

You make yourself drown.

Sounds weird right?!

It makes perfect sense to me actually.

As, when you have depression, your biggest enemy is You.

It's that you, that's hiding inside of you, that's insecure, that's scared.

Whenever you try to free yourself from the clutches of the darkness that's eating you up, feeding on your emotions and feelings, growing.

It's you who's not able to break free.

That continues... and with time depression becomes your best friend and the darkness ,that comes with it, wraps you up.

You become pretty much used to the mood swings.

You become used to the sudden tears that start flowing from your eyes.

You become used to crying alone.

But everything has a cure right?

The darkness, that depression is, requires a light. A light that can scare away the darkness.

A constant source of happiness and strength that would make you want to  break free. To be free.

But most people don't find that light.

So what happens to them? That's your question right?

They live with the darkness.

They start getting accoustomed to the darkness.

Live with it and fake that they are ok when in reality they are broken.

Because no one understands.

Everytime you tell someone about your depression,about all the thoughts that keep you up at night, all the demons that haunt your dreams and turn them into nightmares, they'd say it's nothing, “you are just sad because of a lame reason. It would go away.”

But it doesn't go away... But you don't tell them that. You have understood that they won't understand.

They'd never understand what it's like to drown in your own emotions and feelings.

They'd never understand unless they are drowning themselves.