Chapter 17: Hospital

When I wake up I am in a white room and tied down. What did I do now? They are killing me for sure. The berries were too much rebellion. I lay there with a blank expression. After all I've been through to have a chance with Cato, they are going to kill me? I hate the capitol so much. My doctors walk inside and I begin screaming. They put morphling in me and I calm down. Then they take a cream that burns like hell and apply it to my scars. When they reach the scar I have in my leg, I begin moving. "Dont touch that one, leave it alone", I say as they intend to touch the one I made when I was playing with my brother who is now dead because of the games. They keep moving and they dont touch it. "Why are you getting rid of my scars?", I ask "Because we want you to be flawless for the interviews tomorrow", they says "Well then you should get rid of the scars that the games left in my mind", I say as Enobaria walks in. "Get out, NOW!", she says showing them her pointy teeth. I laugh at this. Capitol people are so easily scared. They get out and then I get up and hug her. "Good job Clove. You won this and you got them to let 2 victors live!",she says "Well the rule was meant for D12, nobody cared about us", I say "Are you kidding? Everybody loved you! You never see a career show some feelings", she says. I know this is true. Careers are supposed to be serious and heartless. But if they are like that, I dont consider myself a career. Enobaria gives me a kiss in the cheek and leaves. I stay there, staring at the white room. How will I live without all of those kids in my nightmares? Glimmer. All I can think about is Glimmer right now. She was like a big sister for me in the arena. When I got nightmares in the arena, I didnt turn to Cato, I turned to Glimmer. I got up from Cato's arms and I went over to Glimmer. She would hold me close to her and calm me down. She was 17, just like Cato. I still remember her beautiful blonde hair tied up in 2 braids. I remember her laugh when I talked to her. I remember her green eyes glowing in the dark. I remember everything about her. She wasnt heartless, she was in love with Marvel. I didnt like Marvel very much after he killed Rue. Glimmer was just raised and trained like that. And you might think careers volunteer just because they want to be rich, no, some of them are forced to by their parents. For example, my mom said if I didnt get reaped by the time I was 17, I had to volunteer when I was 18. Just like my brother Joan, my mother forced him, and she showed no emotion when he died. I bet dad would be different. Joan used to tell me amazing things about him. How he was sweet and caring, and how he hated the Capitol so much. How he would never let anything happen to us. But daddy, were you wrong. Everything happened. Joan died, I got reaped, I won the Hunger Games with Cato, Rose might get reaped because of the berries. And all of this is my fault. I start to cry thinking that my sister might get reaped because of me. I know she doesnt have a chance. She is too kind and sweet. She cant handle a spear or knife. Cato walks in and sees me crying "Whats wrong Clove?", he says wiping away my tears "My sister might get reaped because of me!", I say crying "Well, she has an equal chance of getting reaped like everybody else, so dont worry. She isnt even 12 yet", he says calming me. "The party is tonight Clove. They will celebrate us here in the Capitol and then tomorrow we will have the interviews and then we will go home.", he says with a smile. I smile back. "I miss Glimmer", I tell him "yeah i do too. She was cool huh", he says. I nod. I wish the Capitol would use their money and technology to help people, not make them suffer.