Chapter 1

Hey y'all ! Thanks for reading this, I really appreciate it. It might not be the best story ever because I'm not the best writer lol.

All rights reserved. No parts of this book may be used or reproduced in any manner without the permission of the author.

Also, this is a work of fiction. Meaning that this is not based on a true story. Any resemblance to actual events is purely coincidental.

You might wanna listen to 'Without a Word' by Birdy or 'Human' by Christina Perri while reading to this chapter

ENJOY

------

Her coffin sank lower and lower into the ground. I stared blankly at it. Michael held me back and wouldn't let me move. I heard Calum's sigh and I heard him cry.  My mother and father sobbed as they said goodbye to their little girl. I fell to my knees and threw my face into my hands. I felt Ashton bend down beside me and mumble some words that were apparently meant to comfort me. I felt the rain soak my hair as I pulled at it. I screamed at the top of my lungs while I crawled towards her grave. My mother rushed by my side.

"Luke, I know its hard sweetheart," she said in between sobs. "But she's not coming back."

"That's my baby sister, mom !" I shouted.

"I know, honey. And she's in a better place now."

"Mom, no! She has to come back, mom! Out of all people, why did this have to happen to her?!"

I jerked awake, wiping the sweat off my forehead. Breathing heavily, I looked around and realized that I had been dreaming once again. Its been almost a year since Shae's death and I still keep having nightmares about the day I had bury my little sister. Shae was a really cool sister to be honest. She'd take the blame for me when I got in trouble at school or at home. She'd help me with my music. She was literally perfect: good grades, got along with everyone, planned on going to med school to become a doctor. And frankly it made me a little jealous sometimes, cause she was always mom  and dad's favorite. And could you blame them?

I knew that when I joined a band, I'd have to comprise on a lot of things and I thought it would be the hardest thing to do. But I was mistaken. January 25th was the hardest day of life. Saying goodbye to my only sister was the toughest thing ever. I don't really like to talk about it a lot to my parents. I'm staying strong for them.

I lazily grabbed my phone from under my pillow and got out of bed. I yawned as I checked the time.

4:45 AM.

Sleep is overrated anyway.

I dragged my lazy ass to the kitchen to get a glass of water. As I gulped down the water, I noticed that my mother had already put up the Christmas tree and decorated it. I put the glass down and walked over to the shelves near the tree. I took a gift wrapped Beatles CD off it and put it under the tree

"Merry Christmas, Shae," I whispered.

I tried to get some sleep before I had to go to work. FYI, I'm in a band, 5 seconds of summer. We kinda suck.

On the way to my room I stopped before Shae's room, which had been unopened for about a year.

Do it .

I shouldn't.

You must.

I can't.

You can.

The voice inside my head got the better of me and I did as it told me. The minute I stepped in her room, I felt overwhelmed. I saw the pictures on her walls of her and her friends. Grief washed over me when I saw a picture of our entire family. Shae was always the one that brought us together. Holding the tears back, I kept looking around when an open drawer caught my eye. I sat in front of her bed and pulled out the four  boxes that were in it. I opened it and found an endless amount of pictures taken from her Polaroid and pages torn out of her diary. But something was a bit strange. She had a shit load of pictures with Calum. I knew that her and Calum were really close but still. Ninety five percent of the pictures were of her and Calum. But I ignored it. I began reading the pages that were torn.

And what I read, didn't sound like my bubbly little sister at all.