12

(I suggest you play the video ^ when reading this but if you don't want to it's fine)

December 30th
10:21 PM

"Taehyung, close your eyes." He did and I covered his eyes so that he won't peek.
"...surprise Tae!"

He opened his eyes. He saw colorful balloons, decorations, confetti and a cake that says:
'Happy Bday, TaeTae <3
From: y/n'

"Y/n! You didn't forget my birthday! Thank you!" He blew the candle and hugged me tight and I hugged back.

"Of course, Tae why would I? All I want for you is to be happy on your birthday."

"Y/n.. I'm even happier with you here, with me."

"T-tae.. I love.. y..."
"Of course I love you too, Y/n, always.. do you feel the same too?"

A few minutes of silence and still no response.

"Y/n? Are you asleep? Y/n?"

He let go of the hug and shook y/n. He checked  her if she was still breathing but she wasn't. Taehyung quickly picked y/n up on his shoulder and went to the hospital.

________________________________
I woke up. I saw this white ceiling and lights... I felt weak and I heard..

Beep* Beep* Beep*
The sound that was beeping was.. my heart rate. Something warm was holding my hand.
Taehyung..

He was sleeping, my hand intertwined with his. I slowly lift up my hand only to touch his brown-like fluffy hair.

He flinched. "Y-Y/N! I was so worried about you. I- I didn't know what to do and-"

"I'm sorry." I slightly hugged him.

"Why didn't I notice.. why are you here anyway? What did the doctor say to you?"

"The... doctor said that I can't tire myself too much because my heart is weak when I move too much."

"W-what?" He let go of the hug.

"yes.."

"Why didn't you tell me?" His voice was cracking.

"Because.. if I told you, You'll get hurt"

"Y/N...It just hurts more when you kept it from me..."

"I'm sorry, Taehyung..."

"You lied to me. You said you were going to the hospital because of your grandma. But you said to me that your grandma's long gone. I should've notice that you're sick. Stupid stupid stupi-" he hit his head with his hand many times and I stopped it.

"I'm really sorry Taehyung please forgive me. But please... don't blame yourself for this.. you have nothing to do with this."

He started to cry.

"Taehyungie, don't cry because of me.. don't worry about me.. worry about yourself-" I wiped his tears.

"But you said you're gonna stay with me always! Why do you keep lying y/n?" He held my hand tight.
"...."
"I.."
"WHAT Y/N WHAT?"

"BECAUSE IF I TOLD YOU THE TRUTH YOU'LL WORRY ABOUT ME AND YOU'LL ALWAYS BLAME YOURSELF FOR IT EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT—

Her heart rate began to drop as it slowly formed a straight line.

I was slowly being swallowed by the darkness
as I saw Taehyung fading in front of me. Everything, was fading. Until I saw light.

'Goodbye, Tae'

"Y/n? Y/n? Y/NN!" NO.. no.. no I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! Please!...this can't be happening.." he cried there like a child.

Taehyung's POV
You were all that I have. I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I hate.. myself. This is all my fault. Y/n was all I have. She said she'd always be here WITH ME. Liar! Liar! Liar! Why did this happen?

Someone tapped my shoulder.
"Mr. Kim, she left a letter for you. She gave it to me last December 26." The doctor said handing me the letter.

December 26th
To my most unique alien
I've ever known,
I'm writing this now because I don't know when I'll be gone, but sooner or later I will so that's why I'm writing this now to say that it's not your fault, okay? You keep blaming yourself for something you haven't done. Please don't.. I don't want you to feel bad for this and I'm sorry for leaving you alone.. I'm sorry for keeping it a secret and I'm sorry for lying.. I really mean it. Especially for lying so much to you... and you know, some days, I really wish I've never met you so that you couldn't get hurt from this when I'll leave this world because you don't deserve this. You're probably hating yourself more while reading this.. but please smile for me.. and... if you read this on your birthday, well then.. happy birthday again, Kim Taehyung!

Love, y/n

Non-stop tears started streaming down my cheeks. I held the letter tightly and buried my face in my hands.

So she wrote this long ago... she knew she'll die.. she knew all of this.. and.. the worst part is.. She died on my birthday..

A/n: this is my first book ever please vote and commentttt!!!