Chapter 6

It was around midday the next day. Caspian and Peter were practicing their duelling skills in the courtyard. Edmund was calling out pointers and other comments from the sides, while Susan and Lucy sat on a nearby wall, watching the spectacle, debating at each moment who had the upper hand in the fight. The 2 young kings had gotten acquainted with each other's tactics, and were quite matched in their skill and strength, which was why the fight had been going on for nearly 20 minutes without either of the two men giving up or giving in. However the fight was abruptly cut off by the sound of horns coming from the draw bridge.

'A visitor from lord Manchez for the King!' A voice called from the wall. Caspian and Peter quickly put away their swords and looked at each other in understanding. The five of them had discussed, and come to the conclusion, that their visitor probably did not know about the return of the kings and queens of old. It was decided that Caspian would Present himself as the king, and the 4 Pevensies as his friends, hoping the guest would assume the 4 were children of Noblemen, and would be slightly more open towards them in conversation. Lucy found the idea of lying to their guest to be rude, even if his father was cruel, and so it was decided that they would not deny it if he asked, but they wouldn't volunteer the information either.

Peter joined his siblings on the wall as Caspian walked towards the gate, ready to great Lord Manchez's son. As the gate opened 4 horses entered the court yard. As the front most horse reached Caspian the rider jumped off and bowed slightly.

'Your majesty' he said. 'My name is Antonio Manchez, and I am here on behalf of my father, in the hope to start diplomatic discussions between the land Mandre and the Kingdom of Narnia.'

Caspian took in the man, his dirty blond hair and dark brown eyes. He was tall and muscular, and seemed to be quite sure of himself. His smile was friendly, but Caspian could see the cool determination in his eyes.

Caspian extended his hand. 'It is a pleasure to meet you.' He said. 'I welcome you to my Kingdom.'

Together they walked towards the Pevensies. I would like to introduce my dear friends, Peter, Edmund, Susan and Lucy.'

Antonio nodded politely towards each of them, though his gaze lingered on Susan. Peter could sense the man's immediate attraction towards his sister's beauty. But unlike Caspian whose gaze lingers on her with a look of surprise and care, Antonio's eyes were filled with a desire, which Peter did not like. He knew Antonio would try to pursue Susan, but only as a price to be won for her beauty, and he was worried about what the young man would or would not do to obtain his price.

'It is an honour to meet you.' Antonio spoke. 'If King Caspian considers you friends, then I shall do the same.'

Peter put on his best fake smile, and even though he would prefer to punch Antonio's teeth in, he extended his hand. 'The honour is all ours.'

After a short trade of pleasantries, Antonio and his party were brought to their rooms by the servants, and the 5 monarchs all went their own way. Lucy went to find Reepicheep and his mouse warriors, asking them to spy on their new guests as much as possible. Peter went to his office to further develop a strategy in the case it would come to an all-out war. Caspian was discussing with his professor, whether there were old legends with some truth to it, which might be of help. Susan went off to help the soldiers packing supplies for the now homeless victims of the most recent burning.

Edmund had retreated to an old library up in a high tower, when Antonio found him. Edmund looked up from the book he was reading about old Narnian and Talmarine history.