Author's Note

the theory of magic (book one)

"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper." - W.B. Yeats

______________________________

#Summary: Delphinia Dullahan knew it was time for a change when masked wizards showed up in her garden. As a hedge witch, she survives on the fringes of society, practicing magic unlike anything seen at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft of Wizardry, and Fi knows better than to invite Death Eaters in for tea. When servants of the fallen Dark Lord come seeking the secret of her prolonged life, Fi uses her cunning to escape her pursuers and secure a post at the school as the new Professor of Magical Theory. With her talking skull and fairy-eating bird in tow, Delphinia is not what anyone at Hogwarts expects, and she just might change their lives and fates forever.

______________________________

#Contains: AU, Canon Divergence, Original Characters, Mentor!Snape, No Character Bashing, Realistic Characters, Violence, Angst, Character Death, Parselmouth, Necromancy, Pure-blood Politics, Child Abuse

#Rating: Some strong language and violence.

#Pairings: Severus Snape / OC

*Please note all characters are of age if and when any romance happens between them. Pairings and tags can refer to later books in the series.

______________________________

#Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter franchise or any of its recognizable elements. This is a fan-made recreation of the original series made for fun, not for profit. Please support the official release.