I started at him with utter disbelief.

"WHat?" Was all I could make out. He handed the letter to me , and I looked at it, almost as if I was waiting for it to do something. It had my first name written on it in long, elegant, cursive quill writing. I hesitently took it from the messenger and flipped it over. I slowly opened the letter, as if something would jump out at me.

What did he want from me?

Is it because of Eryk's outburst?

Is he going to prison?

What am I going to do without Eryk?

What is because I touched Kiro without his permission?

If it wasn't for me he would been a black and blue lump of mammal! You don't want to mess with Eryk.

I took the piece of canvas out and opened. The messenger patiently waited as I read.

Dear the Fair Jasmine, 

As you may know, I am to be next in line for the King's, my father's, throne. A Feast is to be held as a celebration, and due to our friendship, I wish for you to be there. As you are an outsider and have no conformed home, I shall take care of your housing and wardrobe. Once you reply, I will send a carriage immediately. I strongly suggest you bring anything you will need that you own, or have something you are emotionally attached to.

I would love to see you, and show you my wonderful kingdom, since you have never experienced the breathtaking beauty of my people and landscape.

If you are scared about meeting new people, don't be scared. I will be by your side the entire time. I promise.

With love,

Kiro Yahiru, Prince of Letun.

I  was about to reply, but then I realized the border decoration was a little funky. I looked closely at what it said.

You have no choice. If you decline you will regret it. I want to talk to you. I want to tell you something.

Now usually I don't get scared easily, but this gave me a feeling in my stomach that I didn't like. After all, we never had any type of friendship. I've only seen him 2 times in my life. I kinda wanna know what he is talkin about. I know this is a bad mistake, but I have to figure what's going on. 

"He asked me to deliver your reply to him immediately, after all, the Feast is Thursday." The messenger interrupted my thought. After a long silence, I finally agreed. This isn't going to turn out good.

The messenger nodded his head as a farewell and went back to the direction he came from. 

Wait, how did he find me? I am in the middle of an un-mapped wood.  It's inpossible for him to find me this easily.

"Everything alright?" Eryk asked when I got back inside the treehouse with the letter in hand.

"Eryk..." I sighed. 'I-I've been invited to the Feast.. the one that Letun is throwing. For Kiro's confirmation on becoming king." his expression turned into a shocked face as he asked by who. "Kiro." I mumbled.

"What? Why?" He asked, putting his hands on both of my shoulders, turning me towards him. He had a hardened face on now.

"He said that we had a friendship before I met him.  You know I don't remeber anything about my past, and if he remembers something, then I have to go figure it out. I can't live my life without knowing at least something about my past!" Tears snuck up on me. " If he is one of my friends from long ago, I want to know why!" I quickly wiped a tear.

"But it might be dangerous for you. He's of royal bloodline, I don't think you know what he is capable of."

"Certainly more than you." I spat shoving his arms off me. His brow furrowed as he remembered the incident where he almost beat up the prince. I walked away and went up to my part of the treehouse. I think he said to bring some stuff I would need, so I brought some personal items and toiletries. Then I see my mother's gem. It's a purple gem, and it meant a lot to my mother. I never knew why or how I remember, but I just do. She made me promise to always keep it with me, as if its going to protect me . 

Many, many things I don't know.

I walked out to the living room and I saw Eryk. I stayed silent and took a book that I was reading on the couch.

He was in the kitchen, looking outside the window. He broke the silence. "I'm sorry." He turned his head to look at me. "I just get so anxious without you. How long will you be gone?" I shrugged. He thinned his lips, sighed, and looked to the floor. 

"I forgive you. After all, I don't want to leave on a bad note." He smiled a sad smile with his eyes still closed. I smiled and went back up to my 'room'.