Average high school girl....not!!!

*six years later*

  *Kiara's p.o.v*

BEEP BEEP BEEP

BEEP BEEP BEEP

    I groaned and got up, turning off my alarm clock in anger. My eyes narrowed at the annoying piece of technology and I pushed it off the endtable for good measure. I stretched and angrily started to get ready for my first day of school. I felt disgust travel up my spine as I thought about this new town.

    From what I had seen here in City Falls, everyone here looked like they'd never really seen a big, urban city. Now, the town wasn't that small, but my aunt and I had just moved here from New Jersey. This town was a major step down from the bustling city I grew up in.

    I got in the shower to wash off the stink from sleep. After washing my hair and scrubbing my body from head-to-toe, I got out and realized I'd been in there for fifteen minutes. A groan escaped me as I thought about how much time I had left to get ready. Twenty minutes. I had twenty minutes left to get ready before I had to drive to school.

    My hand connected with my forehead and I once again groaned as everything that could possibly go wrong today flashed through my head. I shook off my nervousness and smacked my cheeks softly with both of my hands.

    My closet was practically empty seeing as I learned to not collect too much in case I suddenly moved. A habit I picked up going through foster care.

    I dug around a bit before I found my blue "Question Authority" shirt crumpled behind a pair of shoes. I slipped out of my towel and pulled the shirt on, not caring that I wasn't wearing a bra seeing as there wasn't much there to begin with.

    After some more searching, I remembered that my favorite pair of pants was in the dryer with some of my other clothes. I huffed and slipped on a pair of underwear and walked out of my room and down the hall to the laundry room. It took almost five minutes to find the pants rolled into a ball and hidden inside on of my hoodies.

   I pulled on the jeans and grabbed a random pair of socks from the dryer before haeding back to my room. I grabbed an old pair of tennis shoes to pull on and looked at myself in the mirror.

    Every piece of clothing I wore was rumpled and my hair was getting frizzy from air drying. I decided that my hair wasn't going to agree with me today and instead pulled it up into a ponytail to continue to let it air dry.

    I scooped up my backpack and sighed at the weight. I had so many textbooks that the backpack was almost bursting. I adjust the bag so that I had it slung across one shoulder and grabbed my car keys and phone off my endtable before I walked outside to my Pink Toyota Camry.

    I hated the color pink with a passion, but my aunt thinks its 'cute' and brings out my skin tone. Honestly, I thought it was...well, too 'girly' for me, but its a car and I don't want to drive my aunt's big hulking minivan. I got in and started driving towards City Falls High School. When I got there the people just stopped and stared at me, some with interest and others with bewilderment.

    "I hate it when people stare at me. What is their problem?" I narrowed my eyes at everyone looking at me and they quickly glanced away in nervousness. I rolled my eyes and finger brushed my hair as I walked, vainly trying to get rid of the frizz from my curls. I glared down at the blonde mass in my hand and threw it back over my shoulder with a sigh.

    My green eyes scanned the crowds around me, trying to avoid all the moving bodies. I curled my lip whenever someone got too close and they pulled away just as quickly as the neared. People soon got the message and everyone parted ways when I walked towards them. A girl decided to stay in my way and delibertly glare in my direction, so I continued on my path and knocked into her on purpose. Surprise shot across her face as she stumbled backwards into one of her friends. All of them scurried away when I looked in their direction.

    I shook my head in annoyance and continued on my way. As I stepped into the entryway of the school, a wall suddenly appeared. Except walls weren't warm...and breathing. I jumped backwards and glared at my offender. There in front of me stood a very large, very handsome man; he was about 6'8" and his chocolate brown hair swept down on his forhead and passed his ears, framing his green eyes. The man was looking down at me with a smirk and he leaned down towards my face. As soon as he was close, he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply.

    I sneered at him and backed up a couple steps, but he just followed me. He reached his hand up and touched a loose curl that had fallen in my face, curling it around his finger. I slapped his hand away and stepped back again.

    "Please don't touuch me. Now can you move so I can get to the office?" I asked as politely as I could. I didn't like him touching me, but I wasn't angry at him for some reason. Just slightly annoyed.

    The man smiled at me and leaned in close once again and whispered, "Mine." A blush fought its way across my face as I quickly backpeddled and booked it around him and into the office, his laughter echoing behind me.

    I stood there for a second just trying to calm my heart down before I stepped foreward towards the front desk. There was only one secretery in the office and her desk was covered in lots of papers and sticky notes. It was all very disorganized.

    The lady was absorbed in a large book that she held in front of her face. I looked at the title closely and almost snorted. It was called 'How to Get A Man to Go Shopping.' I stood there for a few more moments before I cleared my throat making her jump and drop the book.

    "Can I have my schedule, please?" I asked, eyeing her desk with a bit of distate. There were candy wrappers strewn about the surface.

    "Yes, deary. What's your name?" She asked in a soft, gentle voice, choosing to ignore the fact that I was judging the amount of wrappers on her desk.

    "Kiara Simmons" I said. She quickly got my schedule and handed it to me. She smiled sweetly and tried to discreetly sweep the wrappers off into the trashcan beside her desk. I snorted before I could stop myself.

    "Have a nice day, deary." She said.

    "You too" I mumbled, embarassed for laughing at her out loud and walked out of the office. Today was going to be a disaster on wheels...I could feel it...

------------------