Chapter 7-The New Girl

Kalea's P.O.V.

The first bell rang, so everyone picked up their trash and cleared the table; Liam a little faster than the rest. Harry, too, took off somewhere, but I didn't notice when he left.

By the time I got to the trash can, I saw the plaid shirted boy slip out the door. I couldn't help but feel hurt at the fact he didn't wait for me. We always walk to class together! I didn't notice Louis next to me as I let out a sigh.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah fine," I replied with a weak smile.

"Doesn't sound fine to me. Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, it's not a big deal really, but thank you Lou. Really, I'm fine."

"What's your next class?" he said trying to help change the subject, "I'll walk you there."

"Here," I said handing him my schedule, "compare it with yours."

"Well, that's just great! We have the next two classes together!" Louis said.

"Really? That's awesome!" And I meant it. I honestly couldn't wait to spend more time with Louis.

"Now that's the beautiful smile I wanted to see! I just want to tell you Kalea, your smile can brighten up the entire room."

"That's really...sweet," I said with a deep shade of red on my cheeks.

"My locker's this way if you don't mind me stopping. I have to get some books out," he said leading me in the direction of his locker.

I noticed Niall on the other side of the hall. I waved to him and he smiled giving me a nod as he walked to class.

"Okay ready to go now. Which way to AP French?"

We got to the classroom and saw Lizzie already there. I took the empty seat next to her with Louis right behind me.

"Thanks for ditching me Kalea," she said jokingly, "Where did you go off to?"

"Stopped at Louis' locker. We were walking to class together."

Her voice suddenly turned to a whisper. "Isn't that Liam's thing? Walking you to class?"

I automatically thought of him rushing out of the cafeteria. My face dropped at the thought of him.

"He was in a rush for something," I said dull-faced.

"Honey, what happened?"

"I'll explain later. It's not even a big deal. Class is starting."

I tried to push the thoughts of Liam out of my mind. I was actually very jumpy and nervous about the talk we're going to be having. What would Liam think? Is he jealous of Louis? Am I just hoping he's jealous because I want him?

My thoughts were interrupted by a text message from Louis. I took a peek at my phone while the teacher turned to the board.

Why the long face? Where'd that beautiful smile go?

-Lou

I looked over at him and rolled my eyes, slipping out a smile. He mouthed a "thank you" with his own cheeky grin.

I decided to pay attention to the teacher instead of thinking about Liam. I can get a lot more out of class than I can out of a relationship with him.

Liam's P.O.V.

My mind was racing and my heart was pounding. Fast. I don't know what I was thinking! What is going on with me lately? Since that party before school began, I've been seeing Kalea...differently. I've never felt this, this feeling before. It's a twist in my stomach that makes my mind go crazy! I'm filled with anger, but sadness at the same time.