Home Run (Sandlot Fanfic)

I see the blinding lights. I hate getting up. Uh, hate the light! I think I woke up because I smelt something I want. BACON!!

I quickly got up like a bolt of lightning and zipped down the stairs, seeing mom prepare some fried bacon. I love bacon and if somebody had it and doesn't give it to me, I'll be like a lion chasing his meal.

Mom looked in the fridge searching for something. What is it? Mom scoffed and closed the fridge door. Mom turned to me. I sat at the table.

"Good morning, Daisey Flower. Can you do me a favor and buy some milk for me?"

"Yeah. I'll hurry up and get dressed."

I got dressed in a tee- shirt and jeans. I put on my black Chuck Taylor's. I entered the bathroom and I brushed my teeth then, I combed my shirt, light brown hair.

I ran downstairs and I found 50 cents on the table. I assumed that the 50 cents were for the milk.

"Honey, go to Vincent's. It's near our home."

"Alright mom." I grabbed the 50 cents and zipped out the door. I ran, feeling the cold wind hitting my skin on my arms. I found Vincent's and bent down to catch my breath. I finally went in when I caught my breath.

I found the milk in the beverages part of Vincent's. I got the regular milk since my family drinks and uses regular milk. I went up to the cashier and handed him the 50 cents.

He gave me the receipt and I grabbed the milk. I went walked home, since I have a heavy bottle of milk and I don't want to run again. I looked down at my walking feet. I see some feet in front of mine. I looked up and it's one of the familiar baseball players from the sandlot.

He has the glasses on and some freckles. He has brown hair and is actually tall. Well, I guess he's small to his friends, but to me, he's tall.

I waved at him.

"Hey, do I know you from somewhere?" He asks.

I shrug my shoulders.

"Were you that girl who was behind the fence of the sandlot who sneezed?"

I nod my head silently.

"I'm Michael Palledorous. But, everybody calls me Squints."

"I'm Daisey Akwell."