2-White Chocolate

five years later

"Girls hurry up you don't want to be late for school." Mom yelled from her room.

We've been going to school for a full month now you'd think she'd let us wake up by ourselves.

I woke up, took a shower and did the rest of my morning routines. Now the biggest question of all.

What do I wear?

I looked at the cargo pants and ripped jeans I usually wore when I hung out with Desiree that were all the way in the back of my walk in closet. "One day I'm going to be able to wear you to school without giving a shit about what people have to say." I sighed and turned around looking at the all the expensive clothes I had. "Sadly today is not your day."

I decided to wear a floral mini skirt, a white tank top and top it off with a pink vest that was the same shade as the floral skirt. I would've worn some vans but quickly changed my mind and took some pink sandals under my bed. I left my hair the way it is not even trying to style it.

As you can see I know my way around fashion. I mean how couldn't I when I lived in a house with two fashionistas. Otherwise known as my mom and little sister.

I grabbed my stuff and went downstairs joining my sister Sophie for breakfast. "What are you eating Sophia?" I said purposely using her full name.

"Hey if I can't call you Emilia you can't call me Sophia." She said as I grabbed an apple from the table surprisingly not feeling hungry.

"But that's totes dumb. I mean Sophia and Sophie are practically the same."

"So is Emily and Emilia. Anyways you know Heather's throwing a party tonight?  You have to come she's your best friend."

No she's not was what I wanted to say.

"Sorry I've got plans tonight." I said picking up my car keys heading for the door with Sophie close behind me.

"With the mysterious friends you always dress differently for?" I sighed and looked at Sophie as we both entered the emerald green fiat.

She never could understand why I hung out with Desiree. And I could never find it in my heart to tell her. How was I suppose to tell her? 'Hey Sophie I dress up differently because I actually hang out with my friends who live in the hood. I'm one of them. And the Emelia I am at home and school is not the real me at all.'

I'm not sure about you but I'm pretty positive my sister would flip a car or something. Sophie didn't know what the 'hood' even meant. If you said something about hood she'd probably think you're talking about a jacket hood.

I parked in the schools parking lot with a lot of people already waiting for our arrival. You see at Weston High School Sophie and I were considered popular. But that was going to change pretty soon.

I'm tired of these rich, snobby, fake white kids. But most of all I was tired of acting like one of them.

"Emily let's go." Heather pulled me away quickly us both heading for our lockers that were next to each other. "So I was thinking you could get ready at my house for the party." Heather said adding a layer of lip gloss on.

"Sorry Heather but I'm not going to your party." I said taking and leaving some books in my locker. Heather gave me a shocking look slamming her locker shut causing me to jump up in surprise.

"Why not? This is the party everyone has been talking about. You can't just miss it. What are you even going to be doing on a Friday night anyways?" She said looking at me.