Chapter 3

Sabine POV

Kanan struck the boy in the back of the head with the butt of his gun and he collapsed on top of me, out cold. He lifts the boy off me and hoists him onto his shoulder.

"Thanks," I huff. Kanan looks at me with a teasing smirk. "How do you get cornered by a seven-year-old?" Kanan asked. I blush underneath my helmet in embarrassment. "Some adrenaline rush or something," I excuse quickly.

I look at the unconscious boy laying on Kanan's should limp. "Hera's going to be mad that you knocked him out," I say, trying to change the subject. "She said to bring him, and he clearly wouldn't come willingly, now would he?" Kanan asked.

I put my arms over my chest, and roll my eyes. This is humiliating in a way. Thank the force, TIE-fighters soared through the skies from above.

"Let's get going," Kanan finally said as we exited the fields.

--Timeskip--

We entered the underground bunker and I saw Hera cooking something good on the small griddle.

(the bunker basically)

Hera looked over at us with a smile, but when she saw the unconscious boy her smile faded. "What happened?!" Hera's voice was full of anger. Kanan, knowing her was somewhat in the wrong, tapped his chin, rubbing his goatee. "Well, um--" "Kanan knocked him out with the butt of his blaster," I finished.

"W H A T?!" Hera screeched, scurried over and ripped the boy away from Kanan, holding him protectively. "Hera, the TIE-fighters were close and he clearly wasn't safe there," Kanan tried to explain.

"You could have stunned him or used the force or something, but you chose to hit him in the back of the head with your bloody blaster?!" (It's not bloody. It's a phrase) Hera placed the boy on the small bed and rubbed the back of his head and cringed. "There's a large knot in the back of his head," Hera informed us. "Is it that bad?" Kanan asked, kneeling over Hera and staring down at the boy.

Hera POV

"Is it that bad?" Kanan asked, putting his hand on my shoulder. I pull away from him with a glare and he frowns. I hate seeing him confused and sad. I sigh softly and run my hand through the boy's hair, and the boy winced in pain but only moments later did he lean into my touch.

"Kanan, we don't know if this boy has parents. We don't know if he has people to return to. I just thought that if he was from your vision, it would be best to bring him here," I explained. We look at the boy again. I assume he's seven or something. "What even provoked you to knock him out?" I demanded to know.

Kanan gestured to Sabine, who uncomfortably shifted under my gaze. "Well, he sort of had me cornered and Kanan had to knock him out, so..." I roll my eyes and groan softly.

"What am I going to do with you two," I mutter. Chopper comes rolling in and jabs his tiny arms at my thigh, trying to grab my attention. "What is it, Chop?" I growl in annoyance. "Stormtroopers are close by," Chopper beeps. I point my finger at Kanan.