6.

Cute picture of Deidara and Tenten above :D

*********

With Sasori gone, Tenten was inducted into the Akatsuki. Bloodred clouds on a black background. The cloak was draped over her shoulders.

The ring was slipped on her finger and she was partnered with Deidara.

After the successful capturing of the Three Tails, the two of them were sent to kill the daimyo. He was later found with a kunai through his neck.

Of course, the two of them were later pursued by a platoon of shinobi.

Deidara slipped his hands into his pouch to grab a few bombs, but Tenten advanced first.

Deidara saw Tenten hold a pair of scrolls before she sprinted towards the platoon of shinobi. "I'll take care of this—" she shouted at him as she slammed her foot against the ground and she spun in the air dizzyingly, reminding him of a six sided dice as her swift hands moved in and summoned a bunch of weapons as she aimed with deadly precision. Kunai, shuriken, and even double bladed axes flew towards the opponents who were overwhelmed with the barrage. She was good, brilliant, even but it wasn't enough. That was before he saw the trick. The kunai she threw, all of them were attached with paper bombs.

Tenten spun safely out of the way before she activated them and the bombs exploded, the sheer magnitude of them rippling the air and sending heat across their skins as the ground erupted. Fire rained down on the enemy nin before all was silent and there was simply fire and charred messes. Deidara's eyes widened as he saw the kunoichi in the midst of all the beautiful explosions, her bangs flitting slightly in the wind.

Her skin had ash smeared across her cheeks and her hair was dirtied and messed while her clothes were slightly burnt. Deidara felt his cheeks redden when he saw her looking at him. "Art is an explosion, right?" She asked expressionlessly.

Deidara blinked.

He suddenly felt panicky as Tenten approached him, his own feet shuffling backwards. "What are you doing, un?" He asked as she stopped in front of him before leaning into his personal space.

She smirked as she pulled his hair. "You had something in your hair," she said before turning away and leaving him dumbfounded.

What the hell was happening to him?

Deidara couldn't summon any explanation for the sudden beating of his heart and decided to look away from Tenten for a while. He wanted to avoid her for the rest of the day in the hideout, but he always bumped into her for some reason.

However, things seemed to return to normal when he found that she stole his several hair products to use on herself. He ended up chasing after her with his bombs, yelling profanities at her while Tenten simply flipped him the finger.

It was about three hours later that they both gave up, both thoroughly exhausted.

"Tenten," Deidara said her name as they lay down on the grass together, winded after chasing each other.

Tenten opened her eyes, "What?"

"I think I might like you."

Tenten blinked. Silence as Deidara waited with burning cheeks. He could finally get what Sasori danna was saying about waiting for someone.

He saw her blink again. "Why?"

"Huh?"

"Why do you like me?" Tenten asked.

"Because you aren't afraid," The answer came surprisingly easy to Deidara, "you don't give up no matter what and you are always trying to prove yourself. And even though you're a girl you are still good—"