Chapter 24

"Ruth and I will try to make any corrections to the plan if it needs any..." Nathan said. "Go ahead and use my desk." Zara said and they both walked over to Zara's desk. "And what do you three going to do?" Zara asked. "We'll help them. You two look like you need some time to talk." Rochelle said and they walked over to the desk and Zara looked at Seraphina. "Come on." Zara said as they sat down on her bed. "Are you tired?" Zara asked. "Yeah, a little." Seraphina said as she leaned against Zara's shoulder. "Tell me more about yourself. I feel like I barely know you." Seraphina said. "Sera, you know me the best..." Zara said. "What about you? You look like you've got a lot going on." Zara said. "I'm going to make everything right, that's for sure. I'll set all of you free. I truthfully want to destroy the other side of the castle so no one will have to feel the pain that you did. I don't want to have to subject anyone to the other side, even if it's an enemy I want to kill." Seraphina said. "You have a pure heart." Zara said. "You make me feel so calm and happy." Zara said and Seraphina smiled. "And you're the crazy in my life." Seraphina said. "I have a question..." Zara said. "Go ahead." Seraphina said. "What is your favorite gem?" Zara asked. "Have you ever heard of a moonstone?" Seraphina asked. "Oh! The ones that look like they glow?" Zara asked. "Yeah, that one. I like out that one looks." Seraphina said. "Alright... seems easy enough." Zara said. "Why are you asking me that question all of a sudden?" Seraphina asked. "You'll just have to find out yourself, Sera." Zara said. "Come on! You know you I don't like secrets." Seraphina whined. "It's not a secret... just for now it is." Zara said. "Zara!" Seraphina whined and Zara laughed. "It's going to be the best surprise of your life, Sera and I don't want to ruin it for any of us so please just be patient a little bit." Zara said. "Can you do that for me?" she asked and Seraphina sighed. "It depends when you're going to say it." Seraphina said. "Hmm... maybe a few months from now." Zara said. "That seems a little too long, but only for you. I'll only do it for you." Seraphina said and Zara smiled. "Thank you." Zara said. "Can you give me a kiss?" Seraphina asked. Then Zara kissed her forehead. "Now be patient." Zara said and Seraphina nodded.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Lilith!" Logan yelled and Lilith popped her head out of the tree house. "Hey!" Ivy said with a smile. "Back already!" Lilith said with a smile as she jumped down. "How are you doing so far?" Audrey asked. "Doing great! This is a really nice place!" Lilith said. "Good. Just coming to checking in." Ivy said. "What happened at the ceremony?" Lilith asked. "I can see shackle marks on Logan's wrist and neck." Lilith said. "It's making me a little worried." she said. "Don't worry. That's what they always do, so I'm used to it." Logan said and Lilith looked at his neck so see a red mark. "Are you supposed to be bleeding when they put that on you?" Lilith asked as she touched a cut on Logan's neck. "When they were putting it on me, they pinched my neck so that's where it's from." Logan said. "Oh no... are you okay?" Lilith asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it. Don't be like your past self. Always trying to sacrifice yourself..." Logan said as he looked away from her, flustered. "Were you that annoyed by it?" Lilith asked. "We weren't annoyed, but sad." Logan said. "Anyway..." Ivy said, breaking the awkwardness. "The ceremony is in two days, we will all be in the back of the crowd kneeling down wearing the same uniform. We won't be hard to miss. Once they destroy the book, you can go through the gates. That's all I wanted to tell you." Ivy explained. "Got it." Lilith said. "I believe our time is up you two. We need to get back before any suspicion starts to rise." Audrey said. "I'll see you guys in two days!" Lilith said as she waved goodbye. They waved back and headed into the castle. "You look flustered." Ivy said while looking at Logan and he blushed. "Well... it's hot today." Logan said. "You can't hide anything from me, Logan. What's on your mind?" Ivy asked. "N-Nothing, just happy that Lilith isn't dead." Logan said as they walked back in. "I'm going to get a snack..." Logan said and Ivy rolled her eyes. "Yeah, go ahead." Ivy said and Audrey looked at Logan. "He's in love~." Audrey teased. "You really think so?" Ivy asked. "He's been acting weird ever since you guys found Lilith." Audrey said. "Well... I know for sure Lilith likes Logan. But she didn't show it much because we would be punished for showing our affection." Ivy said. "That'll be changed soon, Ivy. We can do it and we will do it." Audrey said and Ivy smirked. "I'm starting to become more fond of you." Ivy said. "Lovely to hear." Audrey said with a wide smile.