Chapter 6

The police left soon after, saying they couldn't do anything about it as nothing was stolen but if anything happens again, ring them. After all that idiot policeman trying to frame me, he did nothing more.

It's the next morning and the alarm on the coffee table is going off. I bury my head under the covers even more, alarms are the worst, especially due to my trauma.

"Get your ass up Noelle, school bus comes in ten!" Aunt Susan shouts from my doorway.

I sit up and my eyes blur with sleep, I look to the alarm and can faintly see that it blinks 7:50, ten minutes till the bus comes. I shoot off from the sofa in which I slept on last night and quickly change into leggings and white tee. I brush my teeth in a huge rush and run out the door, rucksack on my shoulder.

I look at the time on my phone and notice I'm a couple minutes early. Phew.

As the bus rolls round the corner, I jump on and set off to school, placing my earphones in and stare out the window.

"El! Wait up!" Tom shouts, jogging up towards me as I walk through the school corridors.

"Oh hey, where's Flynn?" I ask.

"He's in the library grabbing a book for first period, we have English first, right?"

"Uh huh."

"Cool, I'll walk with you." He smiles at me and I smile back, his dimples are fainter than Flynn's but still noticeable.

"What's the book for?" I ask.

"No idea, I think it was for the creative writing unit, he wants to get a bit better at it." Tom shrugs.

"Sit next to me?" Tom whispers in my ear as we walk through the door into the classroom.

"Wish I could but I prefer my seat at the front, thanks."

We sit down and begin the lesson.

"Rumour has it that you smashed your house in," Casey's bitter voice sounds.

"I did nothing of the kind Casey, now if you'll excuse me and get out of my business that'll be great." I take a deep breath. This bitch isn't going to get to me today, I'm going to make sure of it.

Wait. How did she know?

"I didn't do it, I told no one, how do you know?" I whip round to bore into her eyes.

"Heard your aunt telling her friend down at the bakery last night," She snaps back.

I don't believe her.

"Right class, don't forget your homework is due tomorrow and read pages five to seven on your booklets!" Mrs Taylor yells over the sound of chairs scraping the carpeted floors and the chatter between all the students.

I groan as Tom and Flynn catch up with me.

"What?" Flynn chuckles.

I roll my eyes. "P.E what's it going to be today? More dodgeball?"

"I hope so," Tom says, last time he won.

"I don't! Last time El got a black eye which is still kinda noticeable and I got hit in the dingaling," Flynn smirks.

"You so did not just call it a dingaling bro," Tom snorts.

"Okay kids, today is trampolining!" Mr Humphreys calls out.

I love trampolining!

"First up on trampoline one is... Noelle Oakley, trampoline two is Casey Peters, you'll be doing a routine and the students will say who they think was the best and that person will be the winner," Humphreys says.