V

"What's happened to him?" Lotor asked. "The real question is why is he here? Hunk, what did you do?"
"I did nothing! He messaged me out of the blue asking if he could be picked up from the airport." Hunk defended.

Keith stared at Hunk. "When is he flying back?"
"I don't think he is. From what I gathered he ran away from home."

Lotor walked away from the drama, leaving the three to discuss Lance. "Do we go after him?" Pidge asked with an unease to their voice.
"I'll phone him."

Hunk left the milkshake bar to phone Lance. Now Keith was alone with Pidge he asked a question that was on his mind.

"Whenever Lance and I confessed to each other he said something about how you left him for four years. I wanted to ask why, but I never had a reason to. Now that Lance is back, we're all going to be asking questions."

Pidge looked down. "Our families knew each other. My brother Matt knew Bruna through a youth programme so I was often spending time with him when I needed looked after."

"We would always watch TV or play games. He wanted to make sure that I enjoyed staying at his house. I did. I found myself going to spend time with him when I didn't need to."

Keith gave Pidge a weird look. "It sounded like you were really good friends. How did it change?"

Pidge sighed. "One day, Lance decided to tell me about a crush he had on a boy. If I'm being honest, I think it was you. The way he described the 'emo mullet boy at the Garrison' matches you perfect."

"Anyway, I got really angry. I'm not sure why I snapped the way I did, but I kissed him. It was pretty stupid. I was 12 and he was 15. He just saw me as a good friend, but I was just some-" they paused.

"Some . . . mess? Matt came in and saw him and I kissing. Well, me trying to kiss him. He got really angry and I put the blame on Lance by saying he started it."

Keith shuffled in his seat. "Did you not think of how much trouble Lance could get in?"

"I just knew I didn't want myself to get in trouble. Matt told Bruna about it and I'm not sure what she did to him, but all I knew was that him and I weren't allowed to spend time with each other from that point in case he tried to do anything more."

Pidge broke down in tears as Hunk walked in. "He's not answering his phone. I'm getting worried, so I might look for him personally."

He noticed the smaller child crying. He sat beside Pidge and hugged them. "Keith? Can you try and phone Lance? He'll probably answer if it's you."
"Why would he? He hates me."

Hunk slide his phone over to Keith with the phone number on the screen. Pidge looked at Keith dead in the eye and told him the reason Lance came back.

"Lance came back for you, Keith."