16-Pain and Sorrow

~Amy's POV~
Once I found Cody's letter, I wished I'd never even woke up this morning. My sobs filled the living room as I hugged myself. After everything I've been through this has been the worst pain of all.

If I concentrate I can still feel his arms around me. It's like the one sane part of me just snapped and now I'm left with nothing but pain. Tom puts an comforting arm around my shoulders, but I just cringe and push him away. Every single touch reminds me of him and I can't stand it.

Deciding I need some fresh air, I open the cabin door. Turning into the first animal I think of, which of course happens to be a wolf. Running as fast as my four legs can carry me. Leading me to what I hope is Cody.

After countless hours of running through the dense forest. My breaths of labored and my legs are completely worn out. Laying on the hard ground, whimpering as thoughts of my mate replay in my mind. The truth weighs me down as I realize Cody is gone forever. He probably left while it was still dark out. For all I know he could be in another country.

I start slowly walking back to the one place I have no interest in going. Tom will keep pestering me about Cody. He thinks I will forget about my mate and fall in love with him. He might not be completely wrong because if I stay in that house with him, his prediction might come true.

Thunder rolls in when I'm only half way back. I curse while droplets of water hit my fur. Now running full speed despite my exhaustion. The pouring down rain burns my face as I'm running, but at least it's enough to get my mind off you know.

I make it back just before it starts to hail. Sighing of relief, I change into well me. While walking through the door I get tackled by Tom. I moan as he presses a finger to my lips.

Inoring his gesture I yell," Tom get the hell off of me!"

He shakes his head and whispers," Shhh it's gonna here us."

" Tom I'm not in the mood for your games, okay," I sternly say. He looks up into the corner of the living room

"Look," he continues. I turn my head to find a raccoon staying at us like we're idiots. I growl and push Tom out of the way.

I roll my eyes and exclaim," This is what your so worked up about. My God Tom you need to grow up." I change into my wolf, while snarl. The raccoon stares at me for two seconds, then zooms off like it's on fire.

I sigh, changing into myself. "Now that's taking care of, I'm leaving."

Tom gets up faster than lighting and shouts," Leaving?! But you just got back! It's going to be dark soon and I... don't want to be alone." I pinch the bridge of my noes not ready to tell him my plan, knowing he'll flip out. I guess it's ethier now or never. I just wish Cody did the same to me instead of leaving me in the dark without saying goodbye.

"Tom, I'm leaving for good. I'm going to find Cody and if that fails than I'm shutting down the Institute." The color rushes out of Tom's face as he takes in the words I just said.

"No..." He trails off. I turn around facing my bedroom. Closing the door, I regret glancing back to see the tears fall down his face. I look around the room I stayed in for so long. Running my hand through the soft sheets as I said farewell. That's when my hand hit something metallic. I picked it up, studying the object.

It was oval shaped and had a long sliver chain. It was a locker of some sort, I realized. I clicked it open, tears formed in my eyes as Cody stared back at me. A family smiled with him, a family of four. A little girl about ten with the same golden eyes as Cody, shocked me. He had a family, something I never had. I frowned at how happy they looked, I envyed Cody.

Closing the locket, stuffing it in my pocket. I open the bedroom as Tom was nowhere to be found. Feeling relieved that I didn't have to deal with him. Walking out into the chilly air was the last thing I did before my wolf took over. The desperate need to find Cody is overwhelming.

I forced my legs to keep running, trying to put as much distance between the cabin and I.
I look back, and see my only home. I wonder if I actually should leave. If I don't than I'll have to sleep on the cold ground, hunt for my own food, put up with summer storms, pretty much live like a true animal.

Tom's figure comes out of the cabin, looking around. My strong ears pick up the sound of sobs, his sobs. My heart aches as I realize what I've done to the human. Guilt and pity betrays me and I trot over to him.

I look down and say," Tom I'm sorry, but I have to go." He nods, while he wipes tears away.

"It's just I'll be alone again. And I'm honestly scared what will happen to you, I won't be there to protect you," he states solomly. I hug him and pat his back.

"I wish I could stay, but you have to understand how important this is to me. Cody is my mate," I whisper. He nods and sighs, while hugging me back.

"I know, I know you belong with him. I just hoped that you would pick me. This is all my fault, if only I hadn't start stuff with the wolf then you all would be here," Tom's voice went down to a whisper.

I wiped a stray tear off his face and replied," Hey don't be so hard on yourself. Cody and I had some part in this too. And don't fret so much. It happened and you can't do nothing about it. I have to go before it gets too dark and I'm already a day behind him. "

" Your right, I'll miss you Amy. So much. I wish you the best of luck. Goodbye," He says.

I smile and reply," I'll miss you too! Don't worry we will see each other again, I promise. Goodbye and thank you for everything you've done for me." He smiled back and nodded.

Instead of a wolf, I changed into a cheetah. Speeding off happy I said goodbye to him. I made a couple miles before I collapsed. Changing into a more familiar skin, which is a wolf. I lay down beside an old tree. My fur blocking the chilly wind.

Before sleep took over, I swear I heard the faintest howl. It could of just been my imagination. Ethier way it gave me hope that my love is still out there, somewhere.

A/N: Hey guys, how have you been doing? So Amy decided to leave and find Cody. What do you think about that? Did she make the right choice? Let me know in the comments! I'd love to hear from you. And don't forget that star on the bottom! Love ya guys! XOXO! Here's your weekly song!