Closing Time

Wow, was that jam-packed with stories, or what?

As always, thanks are given to the contributors—each and every one of you—because without you, TK would be long-dead and even-longer-forgotten. To the readers, every one of us—and I think I can speak for all of us here—appreciates the time you take to check out of our shit, maybe leave a comment or two, and tell us what a good job we did. Every little bit of ego-stroking helps!

Wanna see what we've got coming up? Have a gander below...

August 5th - The Anti-Hero Special

Science fiction and popular culture are rife with antihero characters. This issue is (or will be) TK's homage to such creations.

September 2nd - SpacePunk

Space is an ocean! Treat it as such!

In Spacepunk stories, the tools of the punk genre are combined with the themes of a Swords and Space tale. Here, a seemingly older civilization with advanced Space Age technology.

These stories have also been referred to simply as "Sword and Space" fantasy when dealing with an ancient civilization with advanced technology or "Retrofuturism" when the society is a modern society with advanced technology.

Star Wars is probably the most complete and well known example of this particular sub-genre.

October 7th - Final Contact

A sort of reverse to first contact, final contact details events surrounding one species' final contact with another.

November 11th - Remembrance Day Special: Military Science Fiction

Military Science Fiction is where a science-fiction story is based around military characters in a warfare setting. Primarily military science fiction uses the opportunities of advanced technology and radically different combat environments to explore how they affect the characters and how different warfare could be from what is experienced in the present day. Military Science Fiction usually focuses on aspects such as honour, duty and sacrifice yet others also explore the horrors and futility of warfare. Common hall-marks of military science fiction are space battles involving fleets of space-craft, faster-than-light travel and energy weapons such as lasers. It is not uncommon for military science fiction to cross over into other genres, such as the epic scope of science-fiction opera or the use of alternate futures.

December 21st - A Very DecoPunk Christmas

Going back to issue 5's theme: DecoPunk! Give the '30s and '50s eras a sci-fi twist this Christmas!

If you'd like to be a part of any of the issues mentioned above, then check out our TK 2018 thread. You'll find it in the Science Fiction club, which is accessible via the external link below.

Ooorah!