Chapter Two: Almost Successful

"A glitch, in my software? Impossible. I test regularly."
Me and Hank stood there, watching this unfold. Hank finally moved his eyes towards me.
"Let's just go. We're never going to get any information about the android here."
We turned and walked away, I was still listening to the conversation though.
"Can you do something about this... glitch?"
"I will try my best but, I won't make any promises."
We walked out of the building the sliding door closed behind us. There was a taxi already waiting for us, I'm assuming Hank was all to ready to leave. We stepped inside and headed back to the department.

***

As soon as we sat at our desks the chief called both Hank and I into the office.
"The police found where the alleged murderous android has been hiding. I want the both of you to work with the FBI on this case. I'll send you the address, go there now."
He quickly got us out and into the nearest cab, but we had almost zero information on the suspect. We were going into this mission empty handed.

***

It was dark, only being lit up by a few twitching lights and cop car head lamps. The house was dingy, it looked like it could fall down in a matter of seconds. Connor was looking at his surroundings, however, Hank was up ahead already learning about the suspect. Connor walked towards Hank, who was talking to another agent.
"Do you know if the android has hostages?"
"We don't know, if it didn't we would send our android to detain it."
"Armed?"
"Yes, we know the suspect has a stolen pistol."

The agent turned and walked away, Hank started to update me on the situation.
"You heard most of it, kid. They don't know much."
I simply nodded and walked away trying to find any clues of what happened.
"You can't go in there. I'd rather not have you get even more hurt."
I turned my head, seeing the same agent talking to Hank a minute ago, now in a argument with someone else.
"So you not going to say anything? I'm not letting you go in there."
The agent is trying to talk to it's colleague but it stands there, silent. I go back to work trying not to focus on unimportant matters. I look around the side of the house and see large writing in black paint dripping down the wall.
"RA9"
I whisper to myself. Why would the android want anything to do with this now? Androids have equal rights to humans now. I walk past and keep looking for more information, making sure to keep that in my memory. A few steps ahead of the graffiti I crouch down and find lighters, and a small bottle. I pick it up and analyze the substance inside. Gasoline. I get up and walk over to where Hank is standing. Before I make it to him everyone hears a loud gun shot followed by a call.
"Melissa!"
I turn around to see a body on the floor, right in front of my feet. Laying there, blood dripping from their chest. Their eyes are open but look dark. I back away in complete shock. Multiple people run towards the body and pick up it's head, tilting it slightly up. I look up to see what had happened, the suspect was in custody with the police and the android saved my life.
"I-is he okay?"
I look back down and notice it's the same girl from this morning but, dying. Her face was still half and half, and her eyes still two different colors. I crouch down beside her with the multiple other people. I wasn't sure who she was talking about, until everyone around stared up at me.
"Yes, yes I'm okay."
I answer as calmly as possible even though it was my fault she was like this. The girl gave a soft smile towards me. She moved her head back down to the ground, and her body loosened. Everyone got up slowly, becoming saddened by the loss.
-
-
-
Would you really call this a mission success cause like damn she just said ya life Connor. Be grateful. 😂