Chapter 3

Turning and tossing around the bed, I tried to sleep but it was of no use. Wali's image kept roaming around my mind. He was so formal and distant towards me in the whole event as if we weren't best friends before but strangers.

And its good! If he wants to act like this then so be it. I don't care anyways, I huffed.

He was the one who left me five years ago and did not even said goodbye to me. He was the one who did not contact me so I should be the one mad at him, who should be ignoring him, not the other way around.

Stop it Aleyha! You told Zoha you have moved on, you do not care. So why are you thinking about him!?

Glancing at her, beside me, I kissed her forehead and moved out of the bed towards the terrace. Even though Wali was her brother and she loved him very much, she had always supported me. She is the only one here who knew how I felt about Wali which Wali himself didn't know. She know how broken I was when he left and didn't contact me.

Closing my eyes and breathing the fresh air in, I tried to relax. Ouch... I felt something hit my shoulder. Looking down in the garden, I saw a figure waving hands at me maniacally, calling me down. I know who must that be. Grabbing my dupatta, I streamed downstairs and moved towards the garden.

"Zaroooooon, you idiot! Is that the way to call someone down" I glared at the same figure who threw the stone at me.

"What! It's not my fault that you were soooo lost in your prince charming's thoughts that you did not notice me waving hands at you like a lunatic" he pointed out, surrendering his hands in the air.

Moving towards him, I sat on the grass opposite of him, looking at the flowers around which still were in the garden.

"By the way, were you not told to sleep early because the girls Chachi called for applying mehndi to you all will be here early" he said, making a disgusting face.

"Why are all the boys so disgusted by mehndi" I said rolling my eyes.

"Its smell is so yuckkkk"

"Rehney do jab bhabhi ayen gi na mehndi laga kar tab phochun gi" I teased him.

"Yeah right," he scorned.

I don't know how long we talked, it was pretty late when we decided to retire to our rooms.

I stood up to leave when Zaroon called my name. Halting in my tracks, I turned around.

"I know why you are not yet asleep and what's disturbing you. Its all about Wali bhai's sudden arrival, right? I noticed how you two were acting the whole event and I perceived it affected you. But just know that everything will be fine when the right time comes and when its meant to be fine. Give him some time to come around," his soft voice ranged in my ears. Giving him a weak smile, I walked towards Zoha's room.

When Wali left me, Zaroon was there for me. He was like a brother I never had. Talking to him always diverted my mind from my problems. He didn't know my feelings for Wali but he knew when Wali left I was pretty upset. How stupid of me to even think that he might not be able to figure out what was troubling me and I could change the topic.

I perceived it affected you.

Zaroon's words rang in my mind.

Why did he think Wali's behavior affected me?

It did not affect you at all Aleyha!

Zaroon doesn't know what he's talking about.

Yes, that's the only truth and nothing else, I told myself.