Chapter One

"My last rose goes to Diana," Diana Fisher's eyes lit up, "Prince," the bachelor, known as the Sheikh added, as if he remembered there were two Diana's, even if his gaze was on Shanna, who once again looking hopeful for a different reason, by not receiving a rose.

Remembering she was on camera, Shanna placed hands on her cheeks, as if she was flushed, crossing the carpet towards the man, who held out the rose for her. "I can't believe this," she gasped. She really couldn't. Ever since she had been on this dumb, ego feeding show, she had done everything possible to get booted off.

For some reason, beyond her understanding, the Sheikh was determined to keep her here. The dark eyes of the Bachelor held her gaze, almost daring her to throw it back in his face. Her hand curled around the single red rose. The whole thing a mockery of true love. He leaned in and kissed her cheek, sending a spark of awareness through her. "Rat," she hissed through a smile. Surely there must be a way off the show. This was her fifth rose. Never received roses before, however, it shouldn't be like this, never like this. It was sheer madness.

"At your service Miss Prince, anytime, anyplace." This time heat burned her cheeks. Maybe she needed to change her tactics. Now for the worst part of all, doing the interview, after the rose ceremony, sprouting how happy she was being here, and how great the bachelor was. Who thought up these stupid shows anyway?

Down to six. Four by four, then more had departed the show. Thank goodness it wasn't live. In your dreams, Bachelor. No one knew his name, not until the final six would that be revealed. Holding the Rose, she went back, joining the other girls. Six were going home. They hugged each other, saying goodbye to the losers. She felt like one. All dressed in their long gowns, like every other rose ceremony. She only had the one good dress, the same one she had worn on the first show.

All she wanted to do was go home, and kill the twins.

Shanna held onto Sarah the hardest. She was super sweet and didn't understand why she hadn't been picked. There had been stars in her eyes, ever since she had arrived. One girl, who wasn't a fake or looking for fame. She really was looking for love. Not flashy like the others. Damn.

Turning around, she stormed back towards the bachelor, who was talking to another Middle Eastern man, heads together, whispering, arms crossed, both dressed in dark suits. Shanna charged up to the bachelor and thrust the rose up against his chest. "I don't want it. Now what?"

Claiming her upper arm, he marched her out of the room towards the outside landscaped gardens, on the ground floor, through glass French doors. "You cannot take it back."

Shanna pulled her arm free of his grip. "Why not? This is such a farce. You're keeping me here for some unknown reason, when you have sweet, adorable Sarah," she hissed, "who wants to be here. I don't."

He walked further out into the grounds, with the surrounding pool and flower garden all alight. The settings perfect for the show of the bachelor. A rich man's mansion in Sydney. "I have my reasons for what I do," he offered. She shot him daggers, clutching at her arms, fingers digging in, the rose's stem crushed.

"You do know, I don't want to be here."

"Yes, and I need to know why." She twitched her nose. Tough. If she told him it had been a mistake, a joke on national telly, she would be the laughing stock of Australia, well, in her workplace. The geek on the Bachelor. Unheard of.

"Sarah does," she waved behind her.

"So you want me to keep her on a string of hope, when it will not go anywhere?" He challenged, crossing his arms, a dark brow arched.