Chapter 2: The Comfort of Home

Inside the compound an angry Klaus was pacing around the living room, jaw clenched, body tensed.  Rebekah stood there before him on the brink of tears.

"Don't make me dagger you again Rebekah!" Klaus yelled out in complete furry.

"Oh, again with the bloody dagger threat Nik!  Are you all out of new tricks?"

Klaus let out a completely terrifying animalistic growl as his eyes flashed a supernatural gold and his fangs retracted from his gums.

"YOU BETRAYED ME!  YOU BETRAYED THIS FAMILY!"

Aspyn's POV

As Elijah and Hayley lead me inside the old building, I heard yelling coming from the inside.  I froze, stopping in my tracks.  This was a bad idea, a really bad idea.  I was about to run when Hayley reached out and cupped my wrist with her hand.  Elijah turned to me.

"Excuse my siblings, they seem to be in yet another argument.  Come though Aspyn, there's nothing to worry.  Remember?  I gave you my word, no harm is going to come to you."

I slowly nodded as I followed them both inside to see a heated argument between a man and a woman.  The woman was absolutely stunning with long, wavy, blonde hair.  She was a bit taller than me and was wearing skinny jeans, knee high boots, an olive green tank top with a brown leather jacket.  She had really good fashion taste.  The man had short, curly blonde hair and was in jeans and a long sleeve shirt.  Something about this man made me feel terrified, this was Niklaus.  I knew it.  That means the woman must be either Rebekah or Freya.  

"YOU BETRAYED ME!  YOU BETRAYED THIS FAMILY!"

The sudden burst of anger that came out of this man cause me to let out a cry, that was unintentional, but brought attention to me.  Clearly it was louder than I thought.  I yanked my hand away from Hayley's hold and found myself hiding behind Elijah.  I don't know why, but he gave me his word, and I believed him.  This was safe, I won't be hurt hear.  I gripped onto the back of his suit jacket.

"Will you two please set your unpleasant bickering aside, we have company and you're scaring her greatly." Elijah said, although his face showed that he was frustrated, his voice remained calm and collected.  

I could hear my uneven breathing and I'm sure so could everybody else in the room could.

Elijah slightly turned and placed his hand gently on my upper back, coaxing me out from my hiding spot.  I kept my gaze down, limited eye contact means that people can't see what you're feeling.  

"Everyone this is Aspyn." Hayley introduced me.  "Aspyn this is Klaus and Rebekah, Elijah's siblings." 

 I looked up at that and seemed to immediately find Klaus' eyes.  I couldn't tell what he was feeling, his composure was still tense with anger but his face remained emotionless.  I moved my gaze towards Rebekah who took a deep breath.  She gave me a friendly smile and started to make her way over to me.  She looked me over before frowning.  She then looked over to Elijah in confusion.

"We found Aspyn in the Bayou.  She needs a place to clean up and stay warm.  Would you mind Rebekah?  I'll go make her something to eat." Elijah told Rebekah.  

"Klaus?  A word?" Hayley asked, but she said it as more of an order.

I watched as Klaus and Hayley left the room.  Elijah was about to but I panicked, I reached out and grabbed his sleeve.  He turned back to me and gave me a comforting look.

"Aspyn, go ahead with my sister.  I'll be just in the kitchen." I slowly let go of his suit jacket and looked back at Rebekah nervously.

"Come on, love.  I'm sure that you're ready to get out of those dirty clothes." Rebekah gently reached over and grabbed my hand, giving me a reassuring squeeze.