Incessancy

Today wasn't one bit different from the others. I wake up to meet the burning sun shining over the busy city. After several minutes of groaning and turning, I finally got the strength to stand up, wash myself and dress up.

Looking at my reflection, my features weren't that bad at all. My sharp jawlines constructed equally, my strong built was visible but not too musculine, my hair was fine & smooth and let's not forget how blessed I am to have absolutely killing facial features. Every meter I walk could send 10 passing girls straight to the hospital.

I'm somehow getting used to all the attention i'm receiving from the girls at school. Having to been looked over with awe and admiration is extremely overwhelming. Having one last glance at my apartment before locking it and headed straight to the elevator. My apartment was at the 20th floor so going down could take forever. Looking over at the tiny screen where it shows the floor you're at, says the number 19 then 18 then 17 then it stopped at 16.

Seeing the elevator door open is absolute time consuming. Peeking through the opening door met me with a woman around her 40's. She was panting and shouting some Chinese words. Something like 'Zi Tao! Hurry up!'. She kept on shouting the words, it sounded like she was chanting a mantra. She then looked at me with apologetic eyes and said " I'm very sorry. Could you please hold the door open for a little longer? ". I wasn't in a hurry so I could spare some time for a neighbour. I nodded and pressed the open button for her. She ran towards the hallway and shouted 'Zi Tao' twice before I heard a door close and someone locking it.

I heard footsteps running towards the elevator. The weird thing is that it wasn't the footsteps for a single person. It sounded like there was 2 of them. The woman came back, along with a man. The second I saw him, I knew he was around his 20's with the dark mysterious charm he had. He was handsome with the dark circles under his eyes and mild built. He was as tall as me and his hair was blonde, fringe-free. It was apparent that his hair was styled with an expensive hair gel, shoes bought from an expensive store and clothes made from well-known brands.

The woman thanked me thrice before pressing the close button and pressed 'Lobby'.

I took a glance at the man she was with. Probably named 'Zi Tao'. He noticed me glancing at him but he smiled and offered a handshake. "Thank You for holding the door open. The name's Zi Tao. Nice to meet you!", he said while I shook his hand. "I'm not in a hurry so might as well help. I'm Oh Sehun but Sehun's fine.", I answered back. We stared at each other for several more seconds before I heard the elevator door open. I murmured a 'goodbye' and walked out the building. I immediately hailed a cab and headed to school.

Walking through the campus hallway was confusing. It was a labyrinth in a campus. Marchèttod University was one of the most prestigious universities in Korea. Marchèttod was well-known for being the first Western university in Korea along with its advance facilities. Meaning to say, only wealthy people could attend Marchèttod University. Though, poor but genius scholars are an exception. After all, we live up to our title and reputation. I was closing my locker with my hands full of books when I heard familiar voices greet me. "Morning, Sehun!" said Chanyeol & Baekhyun. They are my best friends since childhood but unfortunately fell for each other and decided to be on a relationship after senior high. Even though they're homosexual, I stayed as their friend and supported them. "Hey...", I replied unenthusiastically.

The bell rang after a couple of minutes, indicating the start of school. Chanyeol & Baekhyun waved their goodbye and headed to their class. They both majored in the same subject for the sake of their relationship. They're all about cheesiness and cliches, I rather find it disgustful. Walking to class with a handful of books is exhausting, especially when the hallway is crowded. Hearing the noise coming out of our classroom means the teacher haven't arrived yet. Everyone was chatting and playing around, not one bit surprised. I slumped into my seat while putting my books above my desk. "Someone's grumpy today." Luhan sarcastically said. Luhan is my seat-mate. We get along together, though he's much older than me. But he's too caring and possessive towards me, which makes me doubt if he's straight or not. Or maybe he's just too kind. I have to admit, I find him good looking. Wonder why he's popular among the girls.

"Well, get used to it. I bet Ms. Kwon's absent. She's never late to class.", I said befuddled. "Maybe because we have a new student today, that's why she's late.", Luhan said. "What new student? Well, that's a good thing though. There's only 25 students in our class so, might as well add a new student.", I replied. "Weren't you listening to Ms. Kwon yesterday? She mentioned something about a transferee." Luhan replied and sighed. Before I could answer, the door opened and Ms. Kwon walked in with a smile plastered on her face. She cleared her throat thrice and the whole class went silent. Everyone turned to her and she sighed. "That's not how you welcome a new classmate.", she said disappointingly while shaking her head. "You can come in now!", she yelled aloud. Probably referring to the new student. We heard the door open and turned our heads towards it.