twentyfour ~ wyatt

Our "short meeting" ended up being a two period long smoke session, and by the time it ends it's lunch. We all part ways, although we are meeting outside in a minute or two. Jaeden had to go see Lilia, Finn had to go buy lunch, Jack had to see Ellie, and I had to do nothing. I'm taking the long way to get outside, so I'm not there first, when I see Iris and London walking in the hallway. Do I wave? Smile? Eye contact? I look at London, hoping she will look at me back. But she doesn't, not at all. It was probably because she didn't know I was here. But it was probably because she did know.

I'm outside first no matter how much I tried not to be, and turns out it's just me and Finn because the other guys want to spend time with their girlfriends. All I can picture is Jaeden sitting at the girls' table, talking to London. That's where I should be, what I should be doing. But instead I'm outside with Finn, and for the first time I think we both hate being single. I almost open my mouth and say something stupid, like "how are we the single ones, we are hotter than them" but I stop myself. Clearly something is wrong with us, because we don't have girlfriends, because we've been lying saying we don't want them.

"Do you ever like want a girlfriend?" I ask, eating Finn's bag of chips that I stole.

"You mean a weekly hook up?" He laughs, I know he is joking. "Yeah, I do." 

"Why don't you just ask a girl out then?" I ask, to him and myself.

"It will ruin my reputation. And even worse than that, it might not work out." Finn Wolfhard? Scared of getting rejected? Scared of getting his heart broken by some high school girl?

"Yeah, same." I sigh. I guess Finn and I are both closeted romantics. 

"You should get London back, tell her all this shit instead of me." Finn smirks.

"Maybe later." I say, grabbing a cigarette. I only said that to be cool though, I absolutely will be getting London back.