Chapter Twelve

*◇*◇*◇
Alan quickly walked into Harrison's office where Harrison himself was. He didn't notice Alan walk until he had shut the door loudly. He looked up putting his full attention to the mad and frightened Alan.

"Yes?"

Alan told him about the incident like he had with the supervisor and those who had caught the full conversation.

"Someone tried to ram you?" Harrison asked raising an eye brow in curiosity. "As in like drive you off the road?"

"Yes, kind of like that. But, I felt like they were trying to make me crash sort of like at the same time." Alan replied.

Harrison pulled out a pen and pad. "Tell me, were you able to catch what the driver looked like?" He looked back up at him for an answer.

"Yes," Alan replied, "But, I didn't recognize him."

Harrison started writing down on the pad. "What did he look like?"

"He had gray hair, light skin, but with wrinkles"-"how old would you say he was?" Harrison interrupted.

"About 50s or 60s. I didn't get a good look, but when I had looked behind me to see who was trying to get me off the road that's what I saw." Alan replied a little irritated that he was interrupted but let it go.

His boss continued writing down the information as he told him all he had. He then was excused and reassured Alan before he left that he would make sure to do something about the situation.

"Okay, pick which one you want to do first-go visit the crime scene to find more clues leading to the real murderer or talk to Alan and get answers about the driver he encountered." The detective said to Stewart who was once again pacing his office floor.

"I think we should go to the crime scene first." Stewart replied and stopped pacing.

The two exited the office and left the building by going out the front door. Nobody stopped them to ask where they were going, they were free to go anywhere as they pleased.

By the time they arrived at the Hendrickson house, it was close to lunch time and nobody was around.

"Should we split up?" Stewart asked the detective.

"There really is no need." The detective's reply was. The two started scanning the room for any more clues that they may have missed.

"After this, we should go back to the station and talk with Alan." Stewart said and Detective Stiles nodded in agreement. "If he's not there, then we can go and ask Mr. Hendrickson where his father and mother-in law are staying." He added. They stayed in the crime scene room for twenty minutes not finding anything new that can tie them to the murderer. They then left the mansion locking it back before leaving the residence, so no one could break in and rob the place.

They headed their way back to the station hoping that Alan would answer their questions which they kept reciting so they wouldn't forget. By the time they got back it was already nearing 12:40 pm, meaning that lunch was going to be over and work was to be continued.

When Stewart and Detective Stiles walked in the door, they saw Alan rush past them, he didn't see them. He went down the hallway and disappeared out of their sight. They followed after him trying to catch up, but he was too fast and they lost him.