~Chapter 1~

I place the letter tray in front of my master, watching as he opens the envelope on top of the small pile. He neatly unfolds the page and starts reading. After reading the first sentence, I notice a frown appearing on his usually neutral face.
His eyes linger on the last few words and suddenly his expression contorts into one of disgust.
"What is it, my Lord?" I ask, intense curiosity taking over my patience. He looks up, only now seeming to realise I was in the room.
"I, Alois Trancy, invite all the members of the Phantomhive Manor to a ball which will be held in the Trancy Manor..." He says, reading the first half of the sentence aloud.
"Last time we went there, it didn't end quite well. I'm not sure why they would invite us again." I say, lost in my own thoughts and theories. "Neither am I, but it's another chance to investigate their mansion. We're going to have to accept, no matter how much I'm dreading it." He says with a sigh. He traces his finger on the edge of the paper, deep in thought.
"If I may ask, my Lord, when is it?" I interrupt the silence. "Tomorrow, actually. Unusually short notice for a ball." The frown still lingers on his face, which makes it clear that he's suspecting something.
Suddenly he looks up at me and narrows his eyebrows. "Sebastian, get me some tea." "Yes my Lord." I respond curtly.
Before I leave the room I say "I'll prepare your clothes for tomorrow too. We need to be prepared if we're going to arrive early and inspect the mansion." and shut the door behind me.