Chapter 2 -- The Struggle Is Real

Adrien ran towards the scream, spotting a man in a mask picking up the unconscious preteen girl.  "HEY!" he yelled, and the man looked up before disappearing.  Adrien cursed, kicking at the curb.  I should try to save her.  She doesn't know this place very well...  he thought before running off.

~~

Summer stirred, trying to stand up, but the rattle of chains paired with a strong pain rushing through her body made her collapse in surprise and agony.  She opened her eyes to a bright light shining in her eyes.  "Wha...?"  she mumbled. 

 "Where do you originate from?!"  a gruff voice demanded.

Summer winced away from the voice.  "I can do you one better.  Who are you?"

"Name's aren't important.  Now, tell me where you come from and where your supposed friends are, or I'll force it out of you."  the voice growled and reached for a switch.  

"I'm not telling you anyth-AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!"  The last part was screamed as a painful electric surge ripped through her.  

"Last chance, princess.  Tell me where they are, or I'll be forced to terminate you slowly."

Summer shook her head, gritting her teeth.  "Never.  I'll never tell you, you son of a glitch."

A soft, bitter laugh came from the "man".  "It appears you already know who my father is."  The mask was removed, and young man with a glitching body stood before her.  

"I knew you before you became like this, Danti."  Summer winced as something sunk into her skin.  "What happened to you?"

"Life happened."  Danti said before leaving the room as another shock tore through the twelve-year-old behind him.

--------------------

Author's note: If anyone got the not-so-subtle reference to the shipping fandom, kudos to you!