[ Prologue - Wendy ]

Author Note:

Hahha, if you guys have read NWA, you probably noticed that a major city in there is called Chrome City. There is a major place in here called Chrome ALSO but it's obviously not the same place.

So anyways, here's the new re-invented and delayed first chapter of Angel Hunt. Honestly, it's rough but editing kinda takes the fun away. 

Note 2:

1. In this work, Angel is synonymous with creatures that are ruthless and menacing, contradicting our typical idea of it.

2. Adonis Chrome = female descendant of Chrome Monarchy

3. Apprentice Chrome = male descendant of Chrome Monarchy.

Prologue: [Wendy]

Before I stumbled upon the catalyst to the main dilemmas of my youth, I adored stories. Prior to my fourth year, I used to sit beside my Elders as they recited recollections that had been ingrained in my thoughts. Subsequently, I began to parrot the stories as a few years grazed me, despite not truly comprehending the stories but only memorizing the words.

The main story I told was factually retrospective and it went as so, "I'll allow you to hear the unfeigned account of the world where only Humans existed.

However, They surfaced earth, looking like an aesthetically-pleasing deities.

They had wings.

The Winged seemed to have an established superior among them. The superior's underlings were firmly established under his will, operating all orders he desired.

Despite not scrutinizing what The Winged were or why They had seemingly materialized spontaneously, the humans idolized Their superior intellect and strength.

Because of our prior religious ideologies, the humans collectively called Them, "Angels". At First, They embodied the label, seemingly surpassing it's synonymous meaning in our culture's pre-invasion perspective.

Yet, the human's praise soon transfixed to an influx of horror when they realized just how violent these "Angels" were.

The Angels trampled the human civilization in less than the interval of time between a sunrise and a sunset. If it were their will, the Angels could have demolished all of planet Earth but this scenario fortunately wasn't the turnout.

Post the extermination of a large range of the human population, those humans who dared to linger were reserved as objects of mere entertainment for the Angels. These humans were commonly treated worse than rabid animals.

Since the Angels harbored the physical appearance of humans, they even conceived children with humans. The resulting offspring of these unions were half-breeds and their existence soon brought a threat to the new state of Earth's order. Unlike the humans, the half-breeds were aware that the Angels weren't actually associated with the human's aspects of "heaven" or "hell". Factually, the Angels came from a different dimension that rivaled Earth.

My great grandfather, a prominent half-breed, however, implemented a fierce alteration within the unbalanced conflict between Man and Angel. He created the epitome of a strength-induced army, crafted from both races. The army overthrew the corruptness of the main Superior of the Winged.