chp_1 : change

⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏
C H A N G E :
변화
⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏⚏

. . .

"Hello, welcome to Choi's Hair Salon. How may I help you?"

The moment I stepped into this salon, I was already having second thoughts.

"Yes, hi. I have an appointment scheduled under Yoon Saeron," I answered, running a hand through my hair out of habit.

I took a quick glance up at the woman, immediately in awe of her electric pink hair. I admired her confidence to go for such a bold look. It looked cute on her.

I wasn't that confident.

"Ah, yes, you do! Seulgi, over there," the woman smiled, pointing to a girl who looked a few years older than me. "She'll see you now. Good luck, girlie," the woman said.

I bowed with a smile. "Thank you, uh..." I said, trying to get a glimpse of her name tag. "...Nari."

"No problem. Can't wait to see how it turns out." She said, throwing me a side smile, then turning back to her computer.

Nervously, I bit the inside of my cheek, walking over to where Seulgi stood.

When she noticed me, she smiled and motioned for me to take a seat. Complying, I sat down in the spinning chair, eyeing myself and my long, black hair in the mirror.

"What's your name?" Seulgi asked, grabbing a comb from her supply drawer and running it through my hair slowly. I winced when she hit a knot.

"Saeron," I squeaked, trying not to stutter at the sudden pain.

"It's nice to meet you, Saeron-ssi. What are you looking for today?" She asked, putting her hands on the back of the chair, comb still in hand.

"I was hoping for coloring, maybe a little bit of a trim?" I answered, making eye contact with her through the mirror.

"Oh, yay! I was hoping you'd say that. What color are you going for?" She questioned, clapping her hands in excitement. Her energy gave me some reassurance.

"A light brown?" I said, very unsure.

Picking up on my nerves immediately, she patted my shoulder, walking over to where the hair dye was. When she placed the comb back in the supply drawer, I silently sighed in relief.

"Don't be nervous, Saeron-ssi," She said, slowly eyeing each bottle. "A change is good once in a while. And, with your skin tone and face shape, light brown is going to flatter your features even more than your natural color. Trust me." Seulgi assured, muttering a quick 'aha' once she found the correct bottle.

Turning to face me, she tapped the bottle that was now in her hand.

"This is what you need," She said, walking over to her station of supplies and brushes.

When she finished getting everything prepared, she turned to face me again.

"You ready?" She asked.