Chapter 12

A/N: just a flashback chapter so that you have something to read whilst I work on the next part.

We were at a party. They'd been broken up for a week and a half. She was getting over it. It was a mutual decision apparently although the way Scott's expression darkened whenever his name was mentioned suggested otherwise. As did the fact that his possible presence at this party had almost stopped her from coming. It was only Mitch's insistence that she should turn up 'looking hot and showing him what he's missing' that persuaded her. An hour later when she walked into the lounge of her and Scott's apartment it was clear she'd taken Mitch's advice.

She was wearing a skintight black dress that made it near impossible not to stare at her thighs and her hips. As my eyes moved up her body I wished I could tell her she looked good the way the others did. Kevin was impressed but perfectly respectful and gentlemanly. Scott jokingly swooned and kissed her hand and Mitch wolf-whistled. All I could do was nod and mumble something that hopefully sounded complimentary. Not a single one of my many thoughts about her in that dress were anywhere near appropriate.

When we arrived at the party we pretty much went our separate ways. It was full of people from the sing-off so I split my time between catching up with old friends and trying to avoid Jess since things hadn't exactly ended on the best of terms. I was walking around looking for Kevin so that we could leave when I was unexpectedly pulled into a closet. I started to speak but I felt a hand cover my mouth as the light was switched on.

'Hey.' 'Kirstie? What are you doing?' I asked, understandably a little confused. 'Sorry. I came in here to get away from Matt and his friends and I've been waiting for one of you to come past.' 'Oh. So you've already done the whole awkward reunion thing.' She nodded. 'How was it?' 'Awkward. I don't really know what I saw in him.' I didn't really know what to say. Mitch and Scott were a whole lot better at these things. I was supposed to tell her that he was an idiot right? 'Uh well he's stupid anyway.' She laughed. 'Nice try. I'll complain to Mitch and Scott from now on, don't worry.'

I ruffled my hair awkwardly. 'You look really pretty by the way Kirstie.' She blushed and ducked her head slightly. 'Come on, you can't tell me that no one's said that tonight.' She shrugged. 'A couple of people said I looked hot.' 'Well that too I guess.' She giggled again. 'Thank you. It's much nicer hearing it from you than from some drunk asshole who can barely speak without slurring.' 'Well then I'll make sure to tell you more often in the future.' She studied me for a moment. 'Please do.'

There wasn't enough space between us for it to be mistaken for a friendly conversation. It was undeniably flirty and I could actually feel her breath on my face. Our eyes locked and she smirked sexily. I wanted her so badly that I couldn't think of anything else. Her voice just reminded me of her moans and the heat of her body close to mine reminded me of those nights when I'd felt her pressed against me. She was always beautiful but in that moment she was hotter than I could have ever imagined. 'You ok Avi?' Her voice was softly seductive and my last shred of resistance was crumbling.

Her lips were on mine again and it felt perfect after so long. We hadn't forgotten how to fit ourselves together and in the small space our bodies were pressed to each other's with no gap between us. I could already feel my pulse racing and when our lips parted briefly my breathing was heavy. I ran my hands up and down the sides of her dress, eventually stopping at where it ended partway up her thighs. I ran my fingers over the warm skin of her legs and she moaned, pulling me so that her back was pressed firmly against the wall.

I pulled her right leg up around my hip and she wrapped herself around me eagerly. That movement forced her dress further up her thigh and my hand followed, moving closer to where we both wanted it to be. 'Excuse me oh sorry I was just looking for. Avi?' 'Kevin.' 'Um it can wait I guess. Ooh one second, have you seen Kirstie?' I thought he was joking until I realised that due to the dimness of the light and the fact that my body was covering hers so completely, he couldn't actually see that it was her. She shook her head almost imperceptibly. 'Uh no I haven't.' 'Ah ok. I'll let you get back to erm. Sorry for interrupting.'

As soon as we were fairly certain he was out of earshot we both burst out laughing. 'He had no idea that it was me.' 'And now he's going to go and tell the others that he found me in a closet with some girl.' She smiled 'we may have to be a bit more careful since it's kind of unlike you to do the whole making out with a stranger thing. Mitch maybe but definitely not you.' 'So your place or mine then?' 'Hmm mine's probably best. Scott kind of expects me to go home with him so maybe if we wait for him and Kevin to fall asleep?' I nodded enthusiastically. 'Until then though.' She placed her hands on my shoulders and pushed her lips onto mine passionately before walking away and leaving me there, dazed and turned on and looking forward to later