Time To Return

Charlie's P.O.V

I was vaguely aware of the chaos surrounding me. I could barely decipher the green flashes of light invading my vision much less defend myself against them. But nevertheless, I had to help. I grunted as I tried to lift myself to my elbows. But I regretted it as soon as I tried. My arms felt like someone had whacked them repeatedly with a jackhammer. I collapsed backward. Knocking my head on something hard. My head rolled sideways. Releasing an uncharacteristically girly moan.  

Suddenly I felt something soft brush against my cheek. I jerked my head away. (FIDDLESTICKS THAT HURT!!!!) I shut my eyes. 'If this is how I go out than I don't want to see it happen'.  As I was preparing myself for my inevitable doom I shut my eyes tight praying that it would be quick. As  I felt the same soft brush against my cheek, but there was something else. Then I heard voices. Well, a voice. Soft and kind.  

"Be calm child and do not fear."

"You are going to be all right."

I opened my eyes and saw myself staring into a pair of intense green eyes. The brown face was framed in a shock black curls.  I couldn't help but stare into the face.  'Who is this?', I thought, 'he wasn't here before'.  Before I could move away I felt a pair of soft hands on the sides of my face and I instantly felt calm and at peace. I felt my eyes closing and my body felt light. As my eyes were finishing their decent I focused on the blurry green eyes in front of mine. Then suddenly, everything was black. 

**********************************

I felt something soft between my fingers. A cool wind was brushing across my face that caused me to me to shiver. The smell of honeysuckle invaded my nose almost making me sneeze.  I just wanted to lay there and sleep forever. But then everything came back to me. It wasn't slow either. 

It quick and painful. 

The memories crashing down on me like a thunderous waterfall. Causing my mind to feel as if it was being torn apart. I saw Ben with his hand around Hindsight's neck. I remember trying to stop him but he had shoved me back with nearly all of his strength. Causing me to crash through the door. (I think I might have some broken bones but I'll check those later.) Then, I remember those eyes. Those bright green eyes that stared back at me. As I was drifting out of it. And then the voices. Those soft voices that whispered to me as I fell asleep. 

But there was one thing that stuck with me.  One thing that was tickling the back of my skull. And it was annoying that I couldn't remember. 

'Well. I'm not gonna lay here forever. Let's see what's goin' on here'. I was about to sit up when I suddenly felt a pressure on my chest. Fear gripped me like a vise and then my super training kicked in. I reached to my chest to grab whatever was on it then stopped. I don't mean like stop stopped. It was like I was frozen. 

A disguised voice whispered in my ear, "I am not going to hurt you, I am going to help you. But I need you to open your eyes. And when you do, you cannot scream. At all. You get me?". I slowly nodded my head in agreement, and slowly opened my eyes. 

Above me stooped  a person dressed in an all blue skin suit with what looked like grey DNA strands running up and down his arms. His face and head were covered with a hood and a weird looking face mask. I slowly sat up, stretching my arms in the process.  I looked around and through my blurry vision, I made out trees and lots of land. and I mean a lot.

Where am I?

I looked back at the person in front of me. From what I could see of his face, he had mismatched eyes, but I couldn't tell which colors. I hadn't realised he was stooping when he stood up. He reached out a hand towards me and I accepted it. He pulled me up with ease.

"We got to get you out of here. If he had to send you here, than something's really wrong.", he didn't skip around. I could respect that.

"Why do I have to leave?"

He gave me a look and didn't answer. Instead, he turned around and started to walk. He clearly expexted me to follow, and I did. I didn't know where I was and I didn't want to get lost. 

***************************

It felt like hours had passed by by the time we ad stopped. During the walk, the oh so mysterious  guide hadn't said much more than a few words, no matter how much I annoyed him.

And I annoyed him alot.

"Here we are." He finally broke the near deafening silence. His deep voice proved to be a shock. 

Literally. 

As soon as he spoke, It felt as if a thousand supercharged (no pun intended) lightning bolts had shot through my veins. 

That did not feel good.

Not good at all

I jumped about three feet in the air and let out a not so masculine squeak. I heard him release a chuckle that was definitely deeper that my indignant squeak. I pouted and crossed my arms with a pouty huff.

"Oh so great and mysterious guide may I ask what the HECK was that ant where here i-woah", the words died in my throat as I finally took  a look at my surroundings. We stood in the middle of a beautiful clearing just as the sun was setting and the sky exploded into an array of vibrant pinks and glorious golds. About a meter away was a large pond that seemed it was as smooth as an unblemished window pane. Completely surrounding the pond was a circle of whitewashed rocks that seemed to glow with a hidden power

Slowlty creeping outwards fom the pond were a vast array of beautiful flowers blooming in unearthly colours. I slowly turned in a small circle. trying to take it all in. 

"It-i-Wha-Where are We?" 

"We, we are in Aetheriol. The Secret Place. This is where we will be sending you back Charlie", his deep baritone echoed accross the seemingly empty space. I stood in my trance like reverie until a thought came accross my mind. Wait a minute I never told him my... " No you did not Char. May I call you Char? Anyways, I am a mind reader, among other things. But that is not important at this monent."

I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off.

 "Not now. When I see you again, we will explain everything". Finally I was able to get a words in. "We, what do you mean w--" Before I had the chnace to finish my words, a blindingly white light flashed accross my vision, and as suddenly as it came, it left.

And I was left in darkness.

Cold, Suffocating darkness.

Attention:A.N Next Chapter