CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWOGOODBYE CHUCK CLAYTON•

CHAPTER TWO
GOODBYE CHUCK CLAYTON

"Rumour has it, you decided to check out this 'playbook' earlier B," Savannah said, now sat beside her best friend, Betty Cooper. She'd just come from school, late - might she add, Savannah, however, had spent the rest of the day at home - after her arrest that was. She'd decided that going back to school for a half day with a hangover just after seeing her dad for the first time in years wasn't a great idea. So, as said, she'd stayed behind and was now talking to B about the infamous 'playbook.'

It was known to some, very few, but some, that the Bulldogs kept this playbook of every girl they'd ever gone on a date with, along with a horrible comment, and a score. Chuck Clayton, captain of the team and coaches son, decided new girl Veronica Lodge was going to be his next victim last night, and so today, upon seeing the new post of the 'sticky maple' she'd supposedly received, went on a rampage to the boys. She later found out about aforementioned 'playbook' from Ethel Muggs - who'd also had been first hand at hate from the boys, but then again - who hadn't? She and a group of other victims and friends decided to look for the book, and upon finding it - decided it was time for some payback.

"Yeah, well rumour has it you got arrested last night!" Betty sighed in return. "Again, Sav?"

"It was a mere misunderstanding B, he stood in front of my clenched up, moving at a very high speed, fist." She paused. "Multiple times."

"You cannot just assault people - did he even do anything wrong?"

"Okay, one, you sound like a mom, and two, you really think I'd randomly hit someone for no reason? Come on Betty Cooper," She fake gasped. Although Savannah was trying to have a laugh, Betty wasn't. She was serious. She didn't want her best friend to be arrested or taken away from her.

Betty gave her a look that signalled she wasn't messing around, she wanted to know what really happened.

"Yes, he did something wrong. He called me a slut, grabbed me by my hair and proceeded to talk shit about my family." Savannah sighed. It was embarrassing, but it wasn't something that bothered her so to speak. Obviously, it did, but the fact that she'd given him to payback he deserved, she felt at peace with herself. She'd have hated herself even more if she'd have done nothing, especially the things he was saying about her younger sister.

"Oh Sav, I'm so sorry!" She gushed.

"Don't sweat it. Anyways, you look nice. Where are you going?" She didn't want to talk about it any further and instead turned the spotlight to Betty, who was sat at her vanity wearing bright lipstick and a nice outfit.

"Well, V and I decided that we would get revenge on Chuck Clayton for the sticky maple incident. You're welcome to join, I know he was an ass to you too."

"Nah, I got my revenge last year. But have fun. I'm thinking of patching up some old holes. I'll speak to you later, B." She replied, and with that, left the room.