Actions Speak Louder Than Words

"He's so weird."

"Tattoos are hot but he just went overboard."

"And those piercings..."

"Talk about self mutilation."

I had to fight the urge to snap as my so called friends talked about Ace Maddox. He had gotten detention for not answering when spoken to.

"Why don't they just kick him out?"

"Because he aced all of his classes and we're graduating tomorrow." I whispered picking at my food.

"What, Everly?"

"Nothing." I said with the biggest smile.

The bell rang, indicating that lunch was over. Thank God. I was ready for this day to before over with. I wanted to graduate and be done. I was so ready.

I headed to the library since I had a free period. I gave Ms. Hannary, the librarian, a smile as I passed by.

She was nice...to anyone who looked "normal". But, whenever Ace came around she would gossip to the  teachers about his despicable tattoos and foul piercings.

I couldn't stand anyone at this fake school. I walked deep into the countless bookshelves, getting as far as I could from everyone.

Deep between the shelves, I sat on the rugged floor leaning my head against a shelf. A burning tear ran down my face before I could catch it. My heart clenched in my chest as I tried to control the ache. I couldn't. The tears kept flowing. I tried to wipe them off as soon as they came but it was too painful. I hated this feelings of loneliness more than anything.

Suddenly, I felt as if someone was watching me. I opened my blurry eyes finding a pair of metallic greys.

Ace.

Our eyes connected and in that moment of vulnerability I didn't care that he had found me in such a destroyed state. I didn't care that I was alone because I was alone with him.

Alone together.

He walked up to me, lowering himself to my level. His eyes pierced through me, ripping away my doubts, my fears and my pains.

He ran his finger down my cheek, trailing over the tear streaks, down to my lips.

Everything stopped as he leaned in placing a soft kiss on my lips. The air left my lungs as my pain eased. My fingers twitched with the desire to touch him.

He slowly pulled away, giving me a wink then disappeared among the books.

As the day went by I prayed to see him again. But I never did.

_|_

As I drove to my local library I scowled the crap out of myself.
Why didn't I get his number or something? I banged my steering wheel furiously.

I walked through the library searching for a select few books for my summer. I handed them to the librarian behind the desk.

"City of Bones, Divergent, The Boy with the Painful Tattoo, Inked Memories? Seems like you have a thing for inked guys?"

My eyes shot up meeting a pair familiar metallic eyes.

Ace.

"You have no idea." I smiled.

*****
This is my last submission for #TKBMovieContest. Third times a charm.
Please excuse the FOB reference. Hehehe