2.2

The driver nodded his head at Gracie's request. As the traffic light turned from red to green, the driver spinned the steering wheel left, bringing the vehicle away from the girl's previous destination.

This is the right thing to do, right?

Chen Linong was or is her best friend.

She should care about Linong and his little sister more, right?

Plus, the boy was crying, sobbing for his little sister. He sounded so soft and vunerable for the little girl that he loves and care for.

He can be tough to protect others, like how he prevented Gracie from other guys, yet he can't bear to see people he loves getting hurt.

He'll think it's his fault for not 'protecting' them.

Gracie knew Linong all to well.

"Wouldn't it be nice to have someone like this as your love?"

Gracie did thought of that a few times, getting distracted by Linong's presence in her life.

But she realized that despite all of the boys she might stumble upon, Chengcheng would always claim that special spot in her heart.

The thought of Chengcheng could easily make her cheeks go red, he would always make her smile whenever they texted and chatted with each other.
Even for this past few days, Gracie can't help but recall the time when Chengcheng pulled her into a bear hug when he heard that Gracie feels the same as him and would be his girlfriend.

She smiled to herself and daydreamed about that moment, hoping that those things would happen again in the future.

So why...

Did she change her mind and went to see Linong? Doesn't she want to create beautiful memories with Chengcheng?

He's even in the hospital right now.

"But what happened to Chengcheng though? I couldn't be something that bad, right?", she thought.

She was curious on why Wenjun called her to come to the hospital for Chengcheng, but nonetheless, friends comes first, she reminded herself.

The taxi driver then finally pulled up in front of Linong's house. Gracie paid the amount of money needed to the driver, thanked him and exited the taxi. She dashed towards the door and knocked on it.

She could hear shuffling noises coming from inside of the house for a few seconds, before hearing a twist of a knob. The door opened, revealing Linong in normal clothing in front of her.

The only problem is that it's evident that he looks worn out of crying.

She could really see that his pair of eyes were swollen badly.

"G-Gracie...", the boy softly let out as he looked at her.

"Nongnong, are you okay? Is Lihua okay? Where is she? Why are you're eyes so swollen? What can I do to help you?", Gracie shoots him with tons of questions, worrying about the two siblings.

One was in pain and one was blaming himself.

"Yeah... Lihua is sleeping right now, don't worry"

"Come in", he invited her in.

Linong held the door and went to the side as Gracie came in. He closed the door after that.

"Thanks for coming... I-I just... had a hard time...", the boy said sadly as he looked down.

"I know Linong. But please, don't blame yourself in this. Nobody knew that Lihua was being bullied right? We'll teach those kids a lesson later, okay? Don't be sad", she tried to comfort the boy and pulled him into a hug.