Prologue

Nathanial's eyes grew more foggy with each passing moment. I knew what was about to happen next but I wouldn't let myself come to turns with it.

"I know what you're thinking" he adds, "how can someone look so good when dying right?" We both let out a small laugh but he begins to cough up more blood.

I hold his head higher and closer to me. "You're going to be fine. I'm taking you home today." I try to sound as reassuring as I can but I don't think I was convincing through my tears.

"Hey Amara" he holds my face with his weak body now in my arms, "this isn't so bad, now I get to be with you."

I burst. My tears rush out of me. I hold him tighter as to try and snap him out of it "It's not that simple and you know it isn't that simple Nathan. It's too complicated."
I shriek as his body grows more limp with a cough and a long sigh.

"Why" he said to me with a smile, Nevermind.. we don't have time to talk about that clearly I mean look at me" He says while giving a small laugh. While grabbing onto my arm he continues " But he I am going home... to you're home. You can fly me up with your new wings." His smile weak and eyes closing.

He doesn't know the truth but I don't have the heart to tell him what's going to happen.

That the plan didn't work

That I failed

But I want to see him in this moment with some type of look of happiness on his face.

I smack his cheek playfully to keep him awake. "If you die I'm going to kill you" I try to laugh and mock his crude sense of humor that annoyed me before but now.....I need that comfort of his crude humor now more than ever.

"Well I guess you can't kill me if I beat you to it so ha" he says with a small grin. There it is, that stupid humor.

"I don't care about my new wings" they don't mean anything if you die, if you leave earth, it's you're life!"

"I failed you Nathan, I was supposed to protect you! I'm so sorry...." I say to him wiping the small tears gathering under his eyes.

He gives me a small smile and closes his eyes. He says in almost a whisper " Don't you dare be sorry, be happy with Matthew and enjoy your wings. You've earned them my love"

And with that, I didn't realize those were his last words to me.

In what seemed like a second his eyes shut and his last breath was drawn.

His body still in my arms.

I can feel my wings stoop down behind me. Feeling heavier by the moment.

I leave a small kiss on his head.

In this moment all I can do is lay there with him and weep. Praying he'll wake up but not every prayer can be answered. Even by an Angel.

He's gone.

WOAH! A lot to take in on just the prologue, I know. That is the point of "dramatic affect". Hahaha I hope you enjoy what's to come. :)
BTW: this story does not get pretty good until about maybe chapter 5, I ask that if you want to read the story please give it time for the story to really come out. I promise it will get better!!!
I would love to hear what you think! Leave comments! ☺️❤️