chapter ten

i close the door when Damon and Caroline walked in. Elena took the cake from Caroline to put it on the table. i went to get plates and forks and something to cut the cake with from the kitchen. when i came over to the table i over heard Damon say, "it is nice to see you again." looking at Elena. i dropped the stuff on the table making a loud bang noise, and everyone stared at me.

"I'm sorry." i muttered placing plates in front of chairs when people takes their seats.

i go into the kitchen to get me some ice cream because i dont like cake. i grabbed a bowl then grabbed the ice cream from the freezer after i got the ice cream i slammed the freezer door. i opened all the drawer but i couldn't find a ice scooper. "ugh, Elena where is the fucking ice cream scooper?" i yelled/asks.

she came walking over and opened the dishwasher. "are you okay?" she asked, handing me the scooper. "i am fine," i bellowed, "just go eat with your friends."

she looked at me then went back to the table. i scooped some ice cream into a bowl then put the ice cream back up. i threw the scooper in the sink then i looked over to Elena and her friends i seen both guys glancing at me i have no idea why. i went over to Elena with my bowl of ice cream in my hand i bent down to whisper in her ear, "let me know when everyone is done i will clean up when i am down eating."

i walked outside to set on the swing to think to my self and eat my ice cream but a tear ended up sliding down my face. i took a bite of my ice cream my phone went off it was Matt. i answer the phone wiping the tear away.

phone conversation start.

"hey, what up?" i asked wiping the tears away.

"why are you not talking to Tyler?" Matt asked.

"because first off he threaten to kick my brothers ass and secondly he showed up at my house drunk." i snapped.

"I'm upset right now Matt." i stated.

"why what happened?"

"oh nothing just tired of being an outsider," i huffed, "Stefan and i was suppose to be friends but he didn't even tell me he had a fucking brother." i finished up my ice cream.

"you want to come to the grill then if it aint going your way?" he asked.

"I'm sorry i cant i have to clean up after everyone."

"okay i will talk to you later." he said.

i hung up the phone.

phone conversation ended.

i took my bowl back in and seen everyone in the living room talking i walked in the kitchen. i started washing the dishes then put it in the dishwasher. when i was washing all the dishes Damon came in to the kitchen. "one more." he said handing me his glass he was drinking out of. "thank you." i said turning around to grab the glass but before i could grab it. it fell but Damon caught it really fast, "nice save." i smiled.

"i like you... you know how to laugh," he smiled, "but your sister makes Stefan laugh which i haven't seen in a long time."

"you may go back in the living room if you want to talk about Elena because i am not in no mood to act nice to anyone." i frowned. he held his hands up in defense.

"i didn't mean to upset you," he smiled, "I'm just trying to make conversation."

"well you shouldn't say that you like me but say my sister makes your brother smile." i huffed putting the dishes in the dishwasher.

"okay I'm sorry will you forgive me." he ask.

i nodded, "i guess i will just dont do that again."

"so i heard you use to play football?" he asked leaning up against the counter.

"yeah i did before my parents accident i was going to play again but i dont feel like the same girl." i said staring at him.

"why did you quit?"

i looked over to the living room and back to him "well lets just say I'm nothing like my sister in there."

"what do you mean by that?"

"well i love to do anything a guy can do and i dont like anyone tells me what to do i love playing with no rules." i said putting a plate in to the dishwasher but he grabbed it and finish putting it in there for me.

Damon pov.

did she just say she loves playing with no rules. she reminds me of Katherine but i know she isn't Katherine through.

flashback 1864

i was playing catch with my brother he ask me what was the rules for the game we got interrupted when Mrs. Katherine came outside saying, "who needs rules."

she asked, "mind if i join you?"

"uh.. no you could uh.. you could get hurt," Stefan smiled, "my brother likes to play rough."

"somehow i think you play rougher." she said giggling. then grabbed the football from Stefan and took off running.

"why you standing there? that's a girl clearly wants to be chase," i said, "if you dont do it i will." i laughed running after Katherine then Stefan followed me.

flashback ended

"Damon, are you okay?" dina ask pulling me out of my flashback.

"yes i am." i smiled.

Dina pov.

it look like Damon was a million miles away.

"you look like you was a million miles away." i stated.

"i was just thinking back to when i was younger." he replied.

"you reminds me of Stefan's ex girlfriend." he smiled.

i stared at him confused like. "he didn't tell you about his ex?" he asked.

"why would he we aren't together he likes my sister." i said sarcastically.

"because i know he likes both of you." he whispered where no one else can hear.

"yeah right you tell people about your family that you like." i said, "i was the last one to know about you so apparently I'm invisible" i shouted. everyone looked over at us, "uh... can you take over Elena i need some air I'm going for a walk." i smirked at her walking over to the door. i grabbed my leather jacket and just took off walking.