Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I arrived at a casino underground the city. The city is divided into sections. The lower you go, the poorer the people. But this casino is definitely not poor, and everybody knew it. The casino, Grande de Royale, is famous to the crime bosses and mobsters of the city. The polices knew it was here but no one dared to go near it. The consequences were too great to risked.

I stared in amazement of the building that contrasted so dramatically against the dingy, wet, dark tin houses of the underground. The architecture of the building was phenomenal. The intricate details of the stone work made me breathless. The lights that shine from the main entrance was like a light at the end of the tunnel. How funny, because what's inside was no where near that. Nothing really can impress a billionaire's step daughter, but Grande de Royale sure did.

I stayed in the shadow behind a support beam. I can see show girls escorting rich, and powerful men in and out of the casino. Tonight was masquerade night. I can't go in through the front door, even if I had the code and an invitation. I guessed I had to go back to Kane's and change into something more fitting.

I lived between my step dad's "palace" and the gloomy, broken down apartment. Yes you might asked me why would I even leave the comfort of pillow-filled-beds and breakfast-in-bed. Well I don't like the attention. I'm not like my step dad who is a crowd pleaser. Witty, smart, talkative were just some of the characteristics of him that I don't have. I love the riches but I hate the people: attention wanting whores whose sole purpose in life is to suck up to rich people. I can't stand it!

Kane understood how I felt and respected that. So he allows me to go wherever I wanted. He is not afraid of his name getting ruined by me or who should be heir of his empire because he had Jonathan for that. Jonathan is my step brother. If I don't know better, I'd say that Kane and Jonathan were clones. Jonathan was the perfect child. Elegant, polite, smart, and so on. Plus no one cared about me as much (thank god). So it was easy to redeem the Foster's name.

I've arrived at my room through the secret door at the east wing of the palace. It connected perfectly to the bookshelf in my room. No one noticed that I was even here. I quickly got dressed in an emerald and diamond gown. It was strapless with a heart shaped bust line. The corset was tight around my waist, pushing the air out of me. Beautiful ruffles started right below the corset. They flowed perfectly in an irregular pattern. I slipped into a strap high heels and put on a delicate green mask on (masquerade night remember) then pressed the spine of the book "The Foster Family". The secret door opened and I walked into the darkness.

It was much more difficult to stay invisible when you are in a puffy dress, but I managed. As soon as I was out of sight of the palace, I called for a cab, and destined for Grande de Royale. When I arrived, I threw a hand full of cash and the driver and told him to keep the change.

I walked up the flight of stairs lined with crimson carpet. The lights shine like the diamonds in a dark mine. I stepped into the casino after I waved off tons of offers by men sluts with kind smiles and saying like "next time boys".

The sight in the casino was like any other: slot machines, card dealer, beautiful girls. But you could tell that this ain't your normal casino. It seemed like everyone in the casino had at least a gun on themselves. The bosses had guards around but the REAL big bosses had guards but you just can't see them.

I walked up to the exchange booth and said the code while sliding a hunk of cash. The man behind the booth softly said "room 101" while handing me poker chips. I smiled and winked while walking away.

I walked pasted table full of people who were so absorbed into the game. I sighed in my head, feeling pity for them. Room 101 was not at the first floor so I walked to the elevator and pressed the up button. The interior of the elevator was just as impressive as the casino. It seemed to be lined with gold and gems. A security cam was most definitely placed at the top left corner, you just can't see it. I pressed top floor and shut the door, not knowing that I was shutting the door to my already altered, and crushed childhood.