Begin

This begin section is going to give a brief description of main characters and background for the story.

Setting: a small marina town in the state of New York. It's the fall time and is constantly raining.

Year: This story is not set in a specific year but there are no cell phones. Somethings may seem very modern and new. The time period here is not established. There is no year that fits how I see the technology and events.

Briar junie Engberg: Briar is a 17 year old girl. Her parents are not wealthy and they live pay check to pay check. Her mother works at the local grocery store - seaside supermart - her father is the local police stations deputy (and he fishes on the side). Briar wants to become a homicide detective or join the FBI. She is very interested in crime.

Walden Lane Oberstein: Walden is a 22 year old boy. He lives in the same town as briar. He lives with his family and works at a sex movie store (sex store, everyone it's called doggies). His family is the working class and make it buy but Walden was unable to go to college. He is trying to save up so he can move out, nowhere far, just his own apartment or something.

General plot: Briar needs a job to help out her family and to save for college so she gets a job at doggies and meets Walden.