-15-

Marinette

He chose a soft piano piece, one that required the least amount of movement.

I was thankful. Any repositioning or swift dance moves would make the situation I put myself in far more unbearable.

I bit my lip anytime he would slightly move his hand along my waist. I held his other in my own hand. My eyebrows raise when I feel sweat through the thin cloth.

He spins me, fast and dizzying. The room, once frozen in time, spun. A chill travels through my body and I gasp, my hands clinching onto Chats shoulder. My eyes lock onto his.

The seconds somehow felt like hours as our slow movements progressed. Not once did Chat give me a sarcastic remark. He was unusually silent.

"Why me?" I whisper over the music. He was obviously in a daze as he had to blink once before realizing I was talking to him. He cleared his throat.

"Huh?" He dumbly answered, clinching my waist a little harder then before. "What do you mean?"

"Why me? Why did you decide to dance even when we've only met once?"

" I, um-" He struggles to form a complete sentence. He looked around the room, as if he'd find the answer there. It's only when he meets my gaze again that his stuttering stops.

"I, I guess I thought you were interesting Princess" He finally breathes out, slowly putting his head on my shoulder, as if answering a single question was exhausting to him. I frown at the nickname.

"Do you call every girl you meet Princess?" I scoffed, turning my head the other way. His movements stop and he lifts his head to look at me.

"No, only the lucky few" He assured.

I turn towards him and glare, my cheeks suddenly hot. "You don't even know me"

"We've already established this," He says, lifting his head fully, "This dance is a dance of knowledge. A dance that helps us get to know each other!"

I roll my eyes at his answer. He quickly puts both hands on my waist, trying to reassure me.

"Ok look, let's start, what's your favorite color?" He questions, trying to recover from his last answer.

I think about it for a little bit, "Pink"

He laughs, "What a cliche princess color."

I punch his shoulder and laughter fills the quiet room. I shake my head, looking at my feet to hide my smile. Once his laughter subsides, he touches my chin.

"Have any questions for me?" He asks, forcing me to look back up at him. I move my head away from his fingers and think.

"What's your favorite color"

He laughs again before looking at me for awhile. The sudden silence caused me to fidget. Could there be something on my face?

"I used to think it was green, but maybe a couple of weeks ago I realized it was blue. And not the typical dark blue. More of a bluebell. Like the sky but a lot more prettier" He exclaimed.

"Why such a specific blue?" I pry, curious.

"It's the color of Ladybugs eyes" He beamed, smiling at me. "Their kinda the same color as yours."

A jolt runs through me at his words and everything shifts.

Ladybug.

I unravel myself from his grasp, stepping back. Chat says something, but I can't hear him.

Ladybug. Everywhere I go she's there. Ballet, home, everywhere I go she there. My hands start to shake and when I look back at Chat, he's frowning.

"Marinette? Are you ok?"

I freeze, "How do you know my name?"

His eyes widen. He extending his arm, but I'm suddenly running to the window.

"H-Hey! Wait!"

I feel a rush of air as I exit the building. Then I start to run, not looking back.