Remembrance

For some time Ludwig was looking at Feliciano, but started reading book instead. But Italy behaviour quite bothered him. Why did he make him promise to never leave him alone? Why did he add "again"? Germany never left Italy... And least he thought. But something was telling him that he was wrong. That long he made promise that he didn't keep. Blonde looked at Italian man again. He was so cute when he was asleep. He loved him so much... Germany's face instantly turned red. How did Italy understood him back there? He never learned German. Right? Suddenly the front door opened.

- I'm home, West!- shouted Prussia, coming into living room. When he saw Germany next to asleep Italy on his lips appeared grin.

- Hello, my little love birds!- he laughed, which woke up Italy.

- Hello, Prussia- he smiled at albino.- Good morning, Germany- he kissed Ludwig in a cheek, making his face turn bright red.

- I see you made a move, when I was gone- it made Prussia's girn grow larger. Italy smiled, while Germany got a hold of himself.

- Hello, bruder....- he said, turning away.- It took you a while-

- A while... But long enough to catch a cold and get a boyfriend- Prussia laughed, getting his place on the couch next to his brother.- I wasn't home only for two weeks and you're sick already. You're a quick player- Germany sighed, shaking his head in unbelieve. But he reminded himself that he wanted to ask Italy about his behaviour.

- Hay, Italy... Are you ready to tell me what's on your mind?- he asked, turning to Feliciano. Italian man looked at the ground and sighed.

- Prussia... Do you know about Germany's past?- he said weakly. Albino's eyes winded in shock.

- You... You found out? But how?- he whispered. Italy shook his head.

- I knew him all my childhood, I know almost his every single scar. Especially if it is in such obvious place like his hand-

- Wait, what are you talking about, we met at WWI- Germany frowned at Italian man, but he looked back at him with sadness in his eyes.

- Have you ever dreamt about little girl in green dress?- he asked. That question shocked Germany. How did Italy know about this girl? Feliciano, seeing bigger nation's reaction, gave him a sad smile.- Have you ever cried after her? Did you promised her something?- all this questions made Germany's shock grow. How... It's impossible for Italy to know about it. He have never told anybody about this dreams. He sometimes had dreams about beautiful, little girl in green, maid dress. And he always woke up crying and feeling bad about some broken promise that he couldn't keep. But he didn't even remember what this promise was.

"I'll come back to you"

Suddenly Germany felt dizzy. He thought that he heard some voice. Voice of young boy.

- Germany?- Italy asked, touching his arm. He felt that something was wrong.- Luddy, if you're feeling dizzy just lay down...- Then Germany just passed out.

- Ludwig!

- Bruder!

Germany was alone in the darkness. It was cold. Then Ludwig noticed that he had no clothes. But as soon he realised that, clothes just appeared on him. It was long, black cape, white shirt with handkerchief, black trousers and high, leather shoes. This was somehow familiar. But why? Germany never wore such clothing. Did he?

- Holy Rome?- suddenly he heard high pitched voice behind him. In the darkness stood little girl from his dreams. She smiled instantly as Germany turned to her.

- Holy Rome, you grown so big and strong!- she cheered, running towards the man.

- I'm sorry, but what's your name?- Germany asked, confused. Girl looked at him, opening her beautiful, amber eyes. Italy's eyes.

- You don't remember me, Holy Rome? It's~a me, Italia- she said, nearly tearing herself. Italia? This little girl... was Italy? But...

- I came back as I promised- he suddenly said. He didn't even know why. That's what he just feel to say. Then he picked her up and kissed her hands.- I'm back, Italia. And I'm here for you-

Germany woke up in his own bed. He didn't remember how he got there. Than he felt something lying on his legs. It was asleep, crying Italy, who was kneeling on the floor. He looked like this girl. The girl that was a maid in Austria's house. That he loved all his childhood. He promised to come back to her. But then Holy Roman Empire was defeated. Why he remembers it now? Why...

- Germany...- Italy cried through the sleep.