The Kid's Babbles

Tony never liked the idea of taking care a child. For him, it would only be a burden. Since he's super busy with his hero stuff and company, he rarely had time for whatever it's called "child". He never dreamt of course, to be a mentor of a 15 year old boy who was very talkative and seemed to be very enthusiastic in everything he did. The kid had been his fanboy for long enough.

Tony never expected more from a kid, of course. He's the freaking Tony Stark! Of course everyone would see him as a role model- welp, not everyone. Sometimes people kept the hate for what the avengers had done for the world. For those people. What they'd done was only a disaster.

After the incident at the Germany, everytime, the kid would send him a voice mail. Told him how's his patrol as a Spider-Man's been doing. Happy- of course being irritated as always and asked Tony to help him from stop receiving the voice mail. But he would just laugh and shrugged it off, never considering Happy's complaint about the young talkative boy.

Why do you hate fun?

Had always been Tony's answer everytime Happy started to be grumpy about the boy. But deep down, it was more something than "wanted to have fun". Tony liked it. He found it weird for himself, tho, but he liked when Peter talked to him everyday through the voice mails about his daily life and chuckled at every stupid thing he did. Sometimes, he would deliberately replay all the older voice mails, and listen to it while he was working on his program.

The broke up team thing had affected him. Every night, he would think if it was him the one who's being too stubborn or too arrogant. And should he apologize to the team for doing something stupid like fighting in the airport instead of discussing it more and found the most reasonable way out for all of them. The anxiety also seemed never wanted to let him alone. Every night he was filled with guilty and fear.

But a voice mail from Peter Parker could always brighten up his days. He liked the joy the boy put in every story he told him, and the boy's faces would appear suddenly in his mind everytime Tony heard to the voice mails, yet he still avoided the fact that he liked it.

That night, Tony was working as usual in his lab. Updating his suits. The incident about Rhodey in German had affected him the most. How he saw his best friend falling from the sky with him unable to reach out for him, to help prevent Rhodey from falling. He built some new technology, just in case something like that are about to happen again. He didn't want to loose anyone again, not any person he cared and loved the most.

He- as usual replaying the newest voice mail he got from Peter. The boy told how he had helped a little girl to take her cat which was stuck in the tree, and the little girl gave him a candy as a thank you gift. Peter said, surprisingly, the candy was his favorite. The one his Uncle used to gave him everytime he cried as a little boy. Hearing those, Tony's heart shattered at how broken and helpless the boy's sounded. The urge to hug him suddenly popped up in him, and Tony had to shake his head hundred times before continuing his work.

"Sir, Mister Parker has sent you another voice mail," F.R.I.D.A.Y suddenly spoke. Tony almost dropped the bolt because suddenly, out of nowhere he felt happy as the AI announced that there was another voice mail from his favorite kid. Since Happy seemed to be bothered by the voice mails, Tony set the AI so the voice mails could be transferred directly into his system.

As he tried to play it cool, he spoke to the AI. "Play it F.R.I."

Then a familiar voice started to play to the entire of his lab. "Mister Stark," Tony frowned as he heard an unusual voices from Peter. He didn't sound excited in this one, and curiosity began to emerge. Peter let out a whimper before he started to speak again. "I- uh- sorry for bothering you. Right, I- uh- I shouldn't do this. I shouldn't call you. You are busy."