V

My heart is pounding hard while I'm traveling to the said hospital. Maybe I'm just a stranger for her but I badly want to see her right now.

I walked inside the hospital and I don't know what to do. Should I ask where's her room?

Maybe I should go home now. She's just no one, I shouldn't waste my time.

But what if she's dying now?

No

I'm over reacting. Maybe she have a fever or she got injured in the park. That's it. I know she doesn't have a disease because she looks strong.

Time to go home now Tzuyu.

I started to walk away but I heard the Doctors and Nurses suddenly panicked. They are shouting "Room 12 Minatozaki"

Minatozaki? Sounds familiar

I quickly followed them when I realized that's her surname. My heart skipped a beat while following them. I may look crazy but I don't give a damn. She's special to me.

Is she really dying?

I still want to thank her for making me happy for a short period of time.

They entered to the room and the doctor told her parents to go outside. They are hugging each other right now, crying so hard from what's happening.

"Mom? Dad? What's happening?" A voice from the back was heard.

"Come here baby" they said.

I turned around and saw her standing in the hallway. She's holding an ice cream and her tears are flowing non-stop. She dropped the ice cream and ran away after that.

"Time of death 6:43PM"

I followed her right away after hearing that. I don't know what will be her reaction, I just want to give her a hug.

She sat on the stairs while covering her face. I never really thought she's wearing that smile to cover up the pain.

I sat beside her and started to rub her back. She quickly looked at me and I gave her a handkerchief. She hesitated to take it that's why I gave her a hug. She's sobbing so much and the only thing I can do is to comfort her with a hug.

"I'm sorry" I said.

After a few minutes, she finally stopped crying. We stayed quiet for awhile because I truly don't know what to say.

"That day..." she suddenly spoke.

"Thank you for making him happy with an ice cream" she said. She turned to look at me. Now I know why her eyes are sparkling like that, her eyes tells a story and it's sadness.

"My pleasure" I replied and she smiled a little bit.

I accompanied her for awhile and she thanked me for doing that. I went home and immediately laid on my bed. I hope her little brother will rest in peace.

I woke up early in the morning to rush my poem. I forgot that I need to pass it later. It's just a short poem after all.

Smile

I turned around and saw a girl
She's wearing a beautiful smile and made me twirl
It's a pure and genuine pearl

Her smile is the brightest of them all
She has the purest soul
That made me lose out of control

Her eyes are sparkling like a crystal clear
Her smile faded and became unclear
But I will make her smile once again from ear to ear

"Okay. Time to take a bath" I said.

After doing all my daily routine, I went to school and passed the paper to the teacher immediately. I won't let Chaeyoung read my poem because she will just tease me.

"Her? I'm pretty sure I saw the word her" she said while holding her chin, looking at me suspiciously.

"Yeah right" I said and she quickly pulled my arm.

"Seriously?"

"Yup" I replied and she was so shocked.

Weeks passed by and I don't have any news about Sana. I hope she's alright now.

At Saturday, I decided to visit the park once again. I sat on the same bench that I used to sit when I first saw her. I walked near the icecream. I was busy looking for my purse and I suddenly bumped into someone.

"Sorry" we both said.

"Sana" I said

"Tzuyu" she said

"How did you know my name?" I asked and she smiled at me. I never told her my name.

"Two ice cream please. One strawberry and one cookies and cream" she said to the vendor.

"I know you" she said as she gave me the ice cream.

"How?"

"You used to play here with me before with some other kids" she said while looking around.

"Really?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"We're still young before. I am 3 years older than you but you're so matured. At the age of 5, You told me that no matter what happens in your life, always face it with a smile" she said. Her eyes are sparkling again.

"I said that? I really can't remember anything" I said.

"Yes Tzuyu. It's been a long time" she siad as she widely opened her arm. I gave her a hug after she did that.

"I have something to say" I whispered.

"What is it?" she asked. I think it's time to say this.

"You've captivated me with your smile. I've fallen completely inlove with you" I said straight. She broke the hug and slowly reach my hands.

"I have feelings for you for a long time. This is the smile that you gave me Tzuyu. You made me a strong person after you said that" she replied.

I held her chin and a warm smile covered her face as I leaned forward to kiss her on the lips.

"That smile looks good on you"

The end.