Chapter 25

"Woah. . .what happened to you?" Ceci got up from her bed, concern evident on her face.

"I. . . uh--"

"Get in quickly! Gosh, Sam! Why are you dripping from head to toe?!"

I sneezed. Oh great. Now I have a cold too.

Ceci gave me a disapproving glance and quickly threw a towel at me. "Wrap this around yourself. I'll get you a dry set of clothes to change into in the meanwhile."

I nodded and shivered as I took the towel and wrapped it around myself in an attempt to warm myself up. Ceci came only a few minutes later with a fresh pair of clothes. "Here you go. . ."

I shot her a quick, grateful smile and hurried to the bathroom. When I caught the sight of my face in the mirror, I could tell why Ceci was so shocked to see me like this. I basically and pretty much look like absolute sh*t. My hair was messy and my dried tears gave my face that tired glow which screamed out the fact that I had been crying.

I shook my head at myself, disappointed for running away. Why? Why again? It had become so very tiring and I was fed up. Hatred for my stupid instincts began filling up in me and I punched the wall beside me in rage. That move was instantly regretted when my head immediately started throbbing and turning into an ugly shade of pink and purple.

"Shoot," I muttered in annoyance and pain as I run the water over my hand to wash the ache away. With a deep breath, I washed my face to freshen up and try to rid myself of the frustration building up in me. Frustration for nothing going right. Nothing going the way I want it to. And the more I thought about it, the more selfish I seemed.

Everything seemed to just revolve around me and it wasn't supposed to be like that. Things were not just me and my stupid problems. People had other things to worry about. They couldn't keep leaving everything behind to start caring about me as though I were a broken, senseless child. I was not a child anymore.

It was time I get that.

My mind kept telling me I was being a burden to everyone and I should just stop annoying them. Dad's and Ceci's worried look roamed around in my head and I shook my head to make them go away. And that was it.

I decided to not be a burden anymore. I was not going to share a thing with them anymore. I possibly couldn't. Ceci had enough things on her plate as it was . . . I couldn't be one of her concerns. I wouldn't.

So, I wiped my tears and went out with a smile on my face.

"Hey. . . Are you alright now?"

"Yes," I laughed and confirmed. "I'm definitely alright. Sorry, I couldn't find a cab back home after the appointment and then had to walk all the way in the rain."

"Are you sure. . ?"

"Yes! Don't worry. Go to sleep. It's been a long day. I'm off at least. So awfully tired after all that walking and running."

"Sam. . . I still think--"

"Ceci. Trust me. I'm good," I reassured. "Now I think I'm going to drop due to exhaustion if I don't get sleep," I joked. "You go sleep as well. We're going to have to stay up late because of Business tomorrow anyway."

"Yeah. . .you're right," she said as a yawn overcame her. "Goodnight," she stated while turning the lights off.

I gulped as fear washed over me and goosebumps arose. I was being left alone with my thoughts again. I didn't want to be left alone with them. But then again, it wasn't really my choice. And besides, it was bound to happen sooner or later anyway.