Chapter Nine - part seven

"Stop moving, Harrington," Phina grumbles as she erases a line on the drawing.
Steve grins, "we're on a roof, Phina, it's a little uncomfortable."
She glares lightly at him but she knew what he meant. They had been sitting here for almost 30 minutes now. Angled towards each other so Phina could look at him over her book as she drew him. The angle on the roof made it incredibly uncomfortable but she was determined to make this drawing good.
"I don't care." She glances at him and then back to the drawing. "Sit still."
He smiles, "but-"
"Sit still or I'll make you, Harrington," she cuts him off, and glances back at him.
His smile turns into a smirk, "oh, really? Come on then, make me, Wheeler."
It was a clear challenge, one that she knew she could win easily, and so did he, but it still excited her. He starts to move even more than before, clearly to agitate her. She scowled at him but her lips twitched, wanting to smile. Fine, if he wanted her to make him, she would.
Phina sets her book down with her pencil tucked between the pages. She moves to her knees and jumps towards Steve, pushing him down to lay on the roof. He gasps a little. He had expected her to threaten him with her claws, not to tackle him.
Steve laughs, going to sit back up and move around more but she points at him, her finger almost touching his nose, "I don't think so, Harrington."
Without really thinking about it she moves to straddle his waist, holding him in place so he can't move. He freezes beneath her again, not expecting her to do that either.
She smirks down at him, "now, stay still."
He wordlessly nods and she grins, leaning over to grab her sketchbook. She opens the book back up to the drawing and glances at him before starting back up. He watches her over the edge of the book. Her red curls fall over her shoulders and curtain her face, her eyes shine brightly in the moonlight and she looks beautiful against the stars above them. She bites her lip as she focuses on the drawing, on him. Every few seconds she would glance over the book and down at him, her cheeks going red as she caught his eyes each time.
The way he was looking at her, his eyes sparkling in the moonlight like a glass of whiskey. There are traces of gold in them, shining in the light. It made her feel warm like she was safe from anything and everything as long as his eyes were on her.
He bites his lip and she gently hits him with her pencil, "don't move."
"Sorry," he whispers, breathlessly.
God, the things she did to him. His hands move without his consent and lightly lay on her hips, trailing down to her thighs. His fingers gently trail across her bare skin, his left hand finding the scars that adorned her right leg. She tries not to squirm under his touch as he traces little shapes over her skin.
Phina pulls her sketchbook closer to her so he can't see the blush on her cheeks. She had realized some things a month ago and continues to admit to herself some stuff about herself to this day. Somewhere along the crazy events last year and a month ago, she had found herself falling, falling slowly yet surely. She had tried to fight it, tried to grab onto the reasons she shouldn't, but they all broke. She had said she had done it for Nancy, but she had moved on, why couldn't she? Why couldn't she let herself fall? She knew there would be arms there to catch her, so why was she so afraid?
"Can we take a break," Steve whispers, his voice low and almost to quiet for her to hear.
She didn't want to, not because of the drawing, but because she was afraid of what she'd do if she wasn't focused on something besides him, "sure."
"You know," Steve whispers, "I wish I could draw so the real beauty here could be the muse."
She couldn't help the smile that came to her lips, "you're so cheesy, Harrington."
"Yeah," he says, "but you love me for it."
Slowly, she sets her sketchbook down to the side of them, not moving off of Steve like she should but instead just looks down at him, "yeah, I guess I do."
They are both silent, Steve's eyes widened as the words register in his ears, "what did you just say?"
"I said I do, Harrington," she whispers as her face grows warm in embarrassment, "I... I- I love you and I don't know why or how but I do. I love you, Steve Harrington. I love you."
His heart beats rapidly in his chest, the words echoing in his mind, I love you, I love you, I love you. Any words that he thought he would say are gone. Any bit of the smooth King Steve is gone to.
Phina's face grows hotter in embarrassment as she starts to get off him, "I'm sorry, I... I don't know what I'm saying. I'm sorry-"
His hands grab her hips and stop her from moving, "Phina, stop."
"No, I'm sorry," she shakes her head, "I shouldn't have said that-"
He sits up, his arms encircling her waist as her arms wrap around his neck. He smiles at her, so warmly that she felt like she could melt right then and there.
"I love you too," he whispers.
It felt like her world had shifted on its axis, spinning in the opposite direction. He loved her too, he said it, they both had. Her hands suddenly grab his face between them and she pulls him to her. Their lips connect in a slow passionate kiss and it isn't like the stories. There aren't fireworks but a deep warmth that feels like safety, like home.
His arms bring her closer to him, as close as she can possibly get. Her hands trail to the back of his neck and into his hair, tugging it softly in a way that makes him groan. He felt like he was floating through the sky and he would never come back down.
She slowly pulls away from him, reluctantly and painfully slow, bringing her right arm down to rest on his arm around her waist. They rest their foreheads together and stare into each other's eyes.
"I've wanted to do that for so long," he whispers breathlessly.
She smiles, "yeah, how long?"
He pretends to ponder for a moment, "ever since I gave you that necklace, when you truly smiled at me for the first time after so many years of hating me."
His hand trails up her arm to her neck where he grabs the small silver chain, bringing the pendant into his hand, "I was a goner the moment I saw your eyes sparkle in the lights, just like this pendant."
He lets the pendant drop back down and he caresses her cheek, pulling her into a sweet, short kiss, "I'm glad I was."
"I'm glad you were," she breathes, "I'm glad I was too."
He smiles and brings her back in for a kiss, this one is longer, more passionate. Slowly he lays back and Phina lays on top of him. They lay there, kissing in the moonlight, and everything, for the first time in a long time, feels right.

-1260 words-
   And there it is!!!! The end!!!! Finally these two confessed and are now gonna be the annoying new couple instead of Nancy and Jon lol! God, this story means so much to me and I'm kinda sad that it's over, for now. I will hopefully pick this back up when season three comes out but until then thank you so much for reading this story and I hope y'all liked it as much as I did!!! Thank you and goodbye.
-Morgan