Chapter 8

'Suhai, Eh we arrived some hours ago and we just finished decorating the house, How's the project going? Hope Janine isn't making things difficult for you'. Hadiza asked with concern.

'Don't mind her, she's always in the spa since we arrived in Japan yet her skin is still like it is, no Improvement'.

Hadiza burst into a laughter fit. 'Suhai please don't kill me with laughter and please let poor Janine be'.

'Ehen Dije, lest I forget, My grandad wants to see you, you still remember his house right?

'Yeah, at kofar soro ko?

'Wow! Hadiza you still remember! That's nice. Anyway he called and asked of you and I told him you are in town'.

'Alright, I'll go visit him before I leave'. Hadiza said.

'Thanks hon, you are the best'. Said an excited Suhaima .

'That, I know'. Hadiza sing sang.

Suhaima rolled her eyes at her best friend's childishness and hung up the phone.

She then said her night Du'a and slept off.

*****

'Ina wuni kaka'
'Sannu jikata, How is work?

'Fine kaka, Firdaus just got married and her new abode is here in katsina so we brought her'.

'Masha'allah, that's very nice, dont let anyone pressure you into marriage because your younger sister is married, Everyone has his own time, and don't forget that no condition is permanent.

'Toh kaka nagode, ga kayan shayi' she said handing him a plastic bag containing some beverages and fruit juice while kneeling down.
'Iyyeh! Duk tsaraban nan ni Kadai? Thank you my daughter, may God provide you a good husband'.
She chuckled and stood up and went into the family house to greet Suhaima's other relatives. She had followed Suhaima to visit her grandparents on two occasions for their vacation and it had been fun.

She remembered going to various places like Suhaima's grandfather's cattle ranch and exploring different junk food, fresh milk and locally made sweets( Iloka, gullisuwa, tuwon madara) and the likes but ended up with a running stomach and had spent the night in the toilet rather than their room. Hadiza smiled at the memory as she walked into the inner quarters to greet the other relatives. She met with Suhaima's cousins, aunties, uncles and step grandmothers. They exchanged pleasantries and talked about politics, fashion and celebrities with the cousins and the promised to pay a visit to the bride the following day before she returned to her sister's new resident.

When she got home, she showered and wanted to take a short nap before she heard a loud horn at the gate she decided to take a peek at whoever was at the gate. It was a black Benz c350 with a man in his mid-forties judging from the way his head was almost touching the car top he is a very tall man and probably one of Alwan's relatives. She dropped the curtain she had earlier on raised for the purpose of peeking.

After tousling on her bed for about half and hour but couldn't sleep, she picked up her laptop, open her Instagram account scrolled through latest updates, double tapped to like most of it she watched some videos which were mostly of make up and dance tutorials, the dance tutorials were good but after watching a wack make up tutorial that reminded her of her colleague Janine, she smiled decided to see what was going on in her workplace. She checked their Instagram page but there was no new development except that a picture of Janine and a Japanese model wearing one of her designs, a long gown with tiny multi coloured pleats at the neck with bat-wing sleeves and a triangular shaped matching bag. It was a simple but elegant piece and one of Hadiza's numerous design both the gown and the bag. It was a good thing Janine wore her creations something Hadiza would have never thought would happen.

She got up and went to Fiddy's apartment to see how she is faring and used that as an opportunity to quench her curiously of whom the visitor was, grabbing her hijab she walked to the place with various things running on her mind until she barged into a huge rock, she held it for balance and was about leaving when it started speaking.
'Subhanallahi, a talking rock' she thought.

"Always watch where you are going" the grumpy rock said. Wait! What was she think how is it possible to a rock to talk, she took it as a cue to see where the sound was coming from.

To her surprise it was the Benz man."Assalam Alaykum" she heard her voice say.

"Hadiza! Long time no see!
______________not edited______________

Hi loyal readers, I couldn't update due to my failing mother's health was sick for quite a long time but died in the hospital last month.
Don't forget to vote,comment and share.

Yours truly,
Salma Hussein.