Characters in This Book

I decided to compile a guide for you to scan before you read, and to which you may refer as you read. There are many characters in this book, but I hope that with this list you can get them sorted out in your head easily and read without confusion.

CERISTEN: NEWCOMERS

Thorne
Fred, Isabelle, Daren, Marjorie, Sandy, Cecelia, Gwenda

This family, fractured and struggling at the start of The Journey, has been tested by trouble, grown in their love for one another, and settled happily into the welcoming village of Ceristen.

Delaney
Charles and Marjorie

Charles Delaney joined the Thornes toward the end of their journey to Orden, and has found a happy bride in Marjorie.

King
Braegon, Mirda, Filian

The Kings hail from far-off Fearnland. They have lived in Orden for about six months and are well-beloved among the village.

Segelas
Bardrick, Peony, Fiona, Marcus

The children of an Eraharian noble who deserted them and his lands, they were ousted from their status by the steward and sought refuge in Orden. A close, loving family unit, they are content to live among peasantry and do not regret what they have left behind.

Kenhelm
Mordred, Fenris, Laufeia

Young though they are, the Kenhelms have already seen both want and cruelty. They come to Orden in hope of better, but their transition is not easy.

CERISTEN: ORIGINAL INHABITANTS

Earle
Arad and Alith; Jared, Samantha, Marianne, Lia, Philip

The Earles are a peaceful family. Mr. Earle is widely respected among the townsfolk, and often acts as a spokesman for them.

Mogra
Syrinna; Julius and Samantha

Syrinna Mogra is widowed. Julius, her only son, is married to Samantha Earle.

Boccin
Mador and Lissa; Gerald, Molly, Linda

Figures of small importance in the story. Lissa is Alith Earle's sister.

Denholm
Kenneth, Jonathan

The Denholms were orphaned when Kenneth was fourteen and Jonathan a babe in arms. Kenneth has since struggled to raise his wayward younger brother protectively. He is courting Marianne Earle, with serious intentions.

Stafford
Edrach and Kireda; Ferenia, Legola, Marie, Vitty, Lowell

The youngest entire family in Ceristen. Their oldest daughter is married to a carpenter in Orden City. They figure little in the story.

Grey
Gorun and Galina; Ledelia, Therelane, Irene, Lewis, Adolphus, Cormad

The Greys are a cursed family. Rich and secluded, they remain in their house, avoiding contact with the villagers. But those whom the curse does not affect begin to chafe at the walls of separation.

OTHER CHARACTERS

Colim

The foreman who oversees the repair work being done on the old castle.

Unnamed woman

Tall and strange, she inhabits the abandoned Grey dwelling unknown to any of the villagers.

Captain Finley Rhodes

Comes to check on the progress of the castle repairs every few weeks.