Chapter 1 Welcome Home

Just a bit of a warning. There will be gore, profanity, sexual themes, and some themes that may be considered disturbing to some readers through out this story. Do not read if you are uncomfortable with such writing. I will post at the top of each chapter a warning for chapters that have graphic content.

This Chapter is Safe!

April, a young 16 year old girl, looks out the back seat window of her parent's van with bored blue eyes.  Her pale hand resting underneath her chin. Her long black hair resting on her shoulders. She watches the passing scenery as her mother and father talked over the radio. Chirping happily and laughing. April let out a sigh as she gazed out at what seemed like a never ending field of corn and crops. Every now and then she'd look down at her phone, often times to see if she's getting a signal. (Though most of the time she's getting nothing).

"Where are we going again?" April finally spoke, her gaze never leaving the window. 

"To a small neighborhood in Portland Oregon." April's mother speaks in a tone far too chipper for April's liking.

"It's in a nice town, and there's a forest right behind our house. We'll be so close to nature!" 

"Cool" April says, her voice monotone and uninspired.

"April, I know it seems bad now but trust me! You'll be going to a nice school and you'll make lots of new friends!" April's father chimes, noticing the dullness in his daughters stare. April said not a word, she merely sighed and rolled her eyes. "How much longer till we get to the new house?" April spoke ignoring her fathers previous statement. 

"If the GPS is correct, we should be there in another couple hours!" 

April groaned, she was tired of all this driving. She never understood why her parents found so much enjoyment in moving. Maybe it was the thrill of going some place new, like being tourists at Disneyland or something. But all that child like wonder would wear off eventually. It always did. 

This wasn't the first time April's family had moved. They used to live in Colorado until her dad had gotten a new job in Ohio, then another job in Alabama, then Arizona,  and now Oregon. And each time they moved her parents where always filled with excitement. April never liked the idea of moving but she grew used to it. Whenever she went to a new school she never made any close friends, because she knew her family would leave again soon. 

April grew tired of the monotonous scenery and began to rummage through her backpack, pulling out a sketch book and a pencil bag and began drawing. 

She started sketching out a crow perched up in a tree, the branches twisted and bare with tombstones resting beneath the tree. April liked to draw, her favorite thing to draw was trees. She had begun to doze off and when she awoke her parents were joyfully calling April's name. 

"April! Wakey-Wakey! sleepy head! We're home!" Her father spoke. Placing a hand on April's lap lightly shaking her awake.

April grunted and slowly opened her eyes, and saw the new house. It was a standard looking house, it was white and had a grey-blue roof. There was a patio out front, and a small front yard that was covered in bright green grass. The grey cloudy skies clashed against the bright white of the paint. April got out of the car and began to explore the outside of the house. The land the house rested on sloped downward so the house was built to be elevated. Which was kinda cool. April stood at the edge of flat land before the slope. The young teen looked out at what could be the back yard and saw it was all forest. When her mother said they were going to be close to nature she didn't expect to be this close!

"April sweetie! Come get your things from the car!" called her mother, "Coming!" replied April. As she turned heel and made her way to the van, collecting her possessions.